Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare to be great doe

Comment

• Great fight ! the king is back at 154!
      War Canelo!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        It's one pound difference from the highest weight he's ever fought at. You people make me laugh thinking he can't shed 1 pound. Anything to refuse to admit the truth the man ain't no mother fuking middleweight. I understand that kills the entire narrative you people have for why it's Canelo's obligation to go to 160 for the first time and fight GGG, even though GGG at 34 has refused to EVER move up or down to another weight to fight someone. Or the fact Canelo is the bigger star with the better resume and if anyone needs to go to the other man's weight it's GGG. Kind of like GGG told Ward I'm the A side so the fight will only happen at my catchweight demand.
        Yep, the guy who deserves criticism is the middlweight champion who stays at the weight and wins/defends his titles....not the guy who invented a weight class to sheild himself from fighting that middleweight champion...and when that wasn't nough, moved down in weight to completely avoid the middleewight champon.

Gotcha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
          Is that what Canelo is doing, moving down for a better fight?

Liam Smith is a better fight than Golovkin?
          Nope. It's clear as Phuk he's moving down to shut GGG and his idiot team and fans up. Proving he is a god damn jr middleweight and it ain't no thang to drop 1 pound to grab another belt. Canelo has made enough better fights (Floyd, Trout, Cotto, Lara, ect) at age 25 to earn the right to make the type of demands he has for GGG. When will GGG who is 34 step up ONCE to make a better fight for his fans? By GGG standards Canelo fighting Smith is blockbuster. LMAO Better then Wade and Eubank, Monroe, 3 of the last 4 GGG fights and only Lemieux is slightly better (and that's arguable). Those are the names GGG has fought in the last 2 years while he begged small jr middleweight to fight him. Refusing to do what he said he would YEARS ago which was go to 154 or 168 for the better fights.

Comment

It's one pound difference from the highest weight he's ever fought at. You people make me laugh thinking he can't shed 1 pound. Anything to refuse to admit the truth the man ain't no mother fuking middleweight. I understand that kills the entire narrative you people have for why it's Canelo's obligation to go to 160 for the first time and fight GGG, even though GGG at 34 has refused to EVER move up or down to another weight to fight someone. Or the fact Canelo is the bigger star with the better resume and if anyone needs to go to the other man's weight it's GGG. Kind of like GGG told Ward I'm the A side so the fight will only happen at my catchweight demand.
            Its not just 1 lb, I cant remember the last time Canelo made 154..it must of been at least 2 years ago..if not more..The guy is big..he comes in fight night around 165-170...

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              it doesn't matter if its better because canelo is popular is basiclly what he just said. remember tihs guy was a floyd fan so of course he's going to defend guys who cherry pick and take easy fights while bashing guys like ggg who try to fight everyone in his division and he's going to constantly say ggg needs to do more and better while defending duckers.
              Yep.

He can't name one fight at 154 better than Golovkin...but he'll justify Canelo using catchweights and moving back down to 154.

Comment

Canelo has made enough better fights (Floyd, Trout, Cotto, Lara, ect)
                Did you watch the Mayweather fight?

He certainly didn't "make" that fight.

He should probably still owe fans who paid for that fight, given his performance.

Comment

• Fucking shit fight. A t least it's in an actual division.

Couldn't help but notice this...

On September 14, 2013, Canelo faced the man on top of the pound-for-pound list - Floyd "Money" Mayweather - giving a stellar effort before falling short of victory for the first time via 12-round majority decision
                  Yeah, that's not what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Who did he beat? and how often does he fight.. every two years?
                    okay well if that's your premise then okay, but who has liam smith beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                      Yep, the guy who deserves criticism is the middlweight champion who stays at the weight and wins/defends his titles....not the guy who invented a weight class to sheild himself from fighting that middleweight champion...and when that wasn't nough, moved down in weight to completely avoid the middleewight champon.

Gotcha.
                      Stays in a hot garbage division. Tons of alltime greats when they were stuck in a terrible division with no elite fighters moved the F out up or down to fight better fights. Calling him the middleweight champ is like saying he's the tallest midget. Middleweight has been trash for years. Who did he beat for his crown? Vacant belt after vacant belt against C class fighters and then beat lemeiux a B class fighter. Lemieux in the only "champ" he beat for a belt and Lemeiux was a phuking paper champ held a belt for all of 5 mins. Please tell me the alltime great champion or champions GGG beat to grab the worthless title of "middleweight champion"? Listen he can stay at 160 for 5 more years and I could careless. It's about the quality of your wins not who can rack up the most meaningless wins in the worst division award.

Comment

Working...
                      X