Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Warns: Stop Protecting Your Record Like Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman calling for fighters to stop protecting their 0's is a joke. He has been protecting his for the past 3 years.

Porter is going to tax that ass tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Floyd has been cherry picking since Oscar (11 years) and has always been looking for an advantage.

Sure Floyd had a nice career, he took risks, but not enough regarding his pedigree.

He fought a young Alvarez at 152, Marquez was a joke fight, a blown up featherweight.
      Floyd was TBE but not of boxing ability, he was TBE at waiting the opposition out and working little advantages during negotiations. I can't say he doesn't have good names on his resume but most of them deserve an asterisk because he made sure they showed signs of slippage before he ever stepped in the ring with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        So many holes in this argument. It was Canelo who offered the catchweight. Canelo earned his title at a catchweight of 150 against a welterweight at the time in Matthew Hatton. Canelo then offered Floyd a 150 pound catchweight. When the negotiations started Canelo said he could no longer make 150 so the two camps settled on 152 with no rehydation clause. After the weigh in Canelo blew up to 165 and had a 15 pound weight advantage on fight night and STILL lost his title
        And???
        Canelo fought Trout at 154 just before Floyd.

He wasn't used to make 152 anymore and the fact is it was a clear advantage for Floyd.

Maybe Canelo offered the CW, not surprising, it's a proof on how they saw Mayweather "look we gonna offer a CW otherwise this puto won't fight us" LOOL

He took the fight with Baldomir over Margarito because Baldomir was the official champ at the weight class. After he beat Judah, Baldomir was ranked higher than Margarito in the official rankings at welterweight. So Floyd fought him to become the man at welterweight while making an easy 8 million.
        Just have a look to ring mag 2006 ranking :

Floyd Mayweather Jr., Champion
        1. Antonio Margarito
        2. Carlos Manuel Baldomir
        3. Miguel Cotto
        4. Zab Judah
        5. Luis Collazo
        6. Kermit Cintron
        7. Oktay Urkal
        8. Arturo Gatti
        9. Paul Williams
        10. Joshua Clottey

I can understand Fatton is easier money, but you can't have it both ways.
        Oscar was a good challenge, no problem.

I've followed Floyd's career closely and I didn't see ducking, I saw smart career and business decisions. De La Hoya was a bigger fight and a superior boxer to Margarito and Floyd fought him. Floyd simply went for the titles and the money in the later half of his career and I don't blame him.

Ignoring Floyd's cherry picking is delusionnal.

Duran is a man who never ducked a fighter, and Bob Duran would never say "why should I fight Hagler? he needs to move up and proves he can beat a light HW".

Pacquiao himself took more challenges IMO.

Floyd protected is 0 and avoided fights he could lose.

Agree to disagree.

Boxing is a sport and a business, Floyd made the right business moves, AGREED, but not the right sport moves IMO.

He made a choice, as I said to our other friend, he never really fought a great fighter in his prime despite behind 20 years in the sport.

I would never say Floyd is a coward, he isn't, he has more balls than any of us.
        But he knew his limits, and avoided waters where his limits could be harshly tested.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Floyd was TBE but not of boxing ability, he was TBE at waiting the opposition out and working little advantages during negotiations. I can't say he doesn't have good names on his resume but most of them deserve an asterisk because he made sure they showed signs of slippage before he ever stepped in the ring with them.
          Floyd had the best boxing ability in our era IMO.

But you're right about the rest.

He was also TBE at finding excuses for not fighting some guys.

Just like I just posted:

Duran was a lightweight and fought Hagler.
          Remember Floyd saying "GGG needs to beat Ward at 175 then I'll maybe fight him", what a pussk excuses...

You can't say it when you're the man carrying the sport.

Can you imagine Duran saying :"Hagler need to move up like I did, not fair doe" loool

Comment

His tirade is clearly addressed to Danny Garcia.

Thurman: "Al Haymon has a plethora of welterweights in his stable so there's no reason the fights can't happen. Danny Garcia may not want to fight me this year but I can't see how he can't fight me next year. I'm open. I'm always interested in the next proposal."

One Time also wanted Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              How many great prime fighters has Pac fought?

How about GGG and Kovalev...how many great prime fighters have they fought.?

Don't single out that one guy...it makes you look like a hater.
              You don't get it he is critized for claiming to be TBE the others you mention do not claim that title You put yourself out there when you claim to be the best ever

Comment

Run time glass body thurman

DONY PROTECT YOUR RECORD BUT FIGHT LEGENDS LIKE BUNDU, COLLAZO AND GUERERRO HAHAHAHAHAH....

Comment

Yes Mayweather certainly protected his "0" by beating and taking titles from 4 current champions in 3 divisions in the span of 5 fights. That would be Gatti at 140, then Judah and Baldomir at 147, followed by De La Hoya at 154. He then continued to protect his "0" by defeating 5 top 10 P4P boxers and/or 6 current titleholders in 10 World title fights in his 11 fights after defeating De La Hoya in 2007.

So that means in Mayweather's last 16 fights, he defeated 10 current world champions, 7 top 10 P4P boxers, won or retained World/Lineal/RING titles in 14 of those bouts while fighting from 140 pounds to 154 pounds....all while protecting his "0".

Comment

Lol ok Keith, when your best win is Guerrero, same guy Floyd beat as a coming out of jail tune up, you have no room to critique the guy.

Porter will be a solid win but I want him to take Garcia or Brook in the fall and really back this talk up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
                      Yes Mayweather certainly protected his "0" by beating and taking titles from 4 current champions in 3 divisions in the span of 5 fights. That would be Gatti at 140, then Judah and Baldomir at 147, followed by De La Hoya at 154. He then continued to protect his "0" by defeating 5 top 10 P4P boxers and/or 6 current titleholders in 10 World title fights in his 11 fights after defeating De La Hoya in 2007.

So that means in Mayweather's last 16 fights, he defeated 10 current world champions, 7 top 10 P4P boxers, won or retained World/Lineal/RING titles in 14 of those bouts while fighting from 140 pounds to 154 pounds....all while protecting his "0".
                      Thurman is just talking out of his arse, his best win so far is Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X