Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Backs Tyson Fury Over Anthony Joshua - For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox knows more about boxing than any plebs who post on here.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Lennox knows more about boxing than any plebs who post on here.
      Yet he picked Wlad to win over Fury the 1st time ,and even said "FURY HAS NO CHANCE " at beating Klitchko.....he must be a CASUAL right ?

The truth is Lewis will go against anyone he feels threatens his own status in the history books and is well aware that Joshua is on a fast track to surpass even what he accomplished and knows B .Hearn who was involved in his career already thinks Joshua is better than Lewis was . Lewis did the same thing with Wlad when he knew Steward thought Wlad had more talent so he picked and even gave his opposition advice how to beat him ...... ironically the ONE time he openly admitted a sure win for Wlad he lost ,so im glad hes picking Fury this time !

I ll go by a much better boxing analyst Mike Tyson who gave logical reasons to why he cant see Wlad losing twice to Fury ! Any smart observational person can see Joshua would have a more than good chance defeating Fury ,and the question will be answered anyway should Wlad defeat Fury since its stylistically an easier match for Tyson ,if he cant beat Wlad he cant beat Joshua !

Well the least since you value Lewis opinions over anyone elses its important to note for you he had Haye winning against Fury when they were supposed to fight , the much smaller Haye than !
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-23-2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Yet he picked Wlad to win over Fury the 1st time ,and even said "FURY HAS NO CHANCE " at beating Klitchko.....he must be a CASUAL right ?
        Lennox knows how good Fury is now.

truth is Lewis will go against anyone he feels threatens his own status in the history books and is well aware that Joshua is on a fast track to surpass even what he accomplished and knows B .Hearn who was involved in his career already thinks Joshua is better than Lewis was . Lewis did the same thing with Wlad when he knew Steward thought Wlad had more talent so he picked and even gave his opposition advice how to beat him ...... ironically the ONE time he openly admitted a sure win for Wlad he lost ,so im glad hes picking Fury this time !
        So Lennox is picking Fury because he's jealous of Joshua? Mmhmm, ok buddy.

ll go by a much better boxing analyst Mike Tyson who gave logical reasons to why he cant see Wlad losing twice to Fury ! Any smart observational person can see Joshua would have a more than good chance defeating Fury ,and the question will be answered anyway should Wlad defeat Fury since its stylistically an easier match for Tyson ,if he cant beat Wlad he cant beat Joshua
        The much better boxing analyst Mike Tyson said that Fury was the greatest HW since him. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...-best-since-me Anyway he can beat Wladimir, he did it in his last fight.

the least since you value Lewis opinions over anyone elses its important to note for you he had Haye winning against Fury when they were supposed to fight , the much smaller Haye than !
        Haye would've had a very good shot at beating Tyson then, not now though obviously, i'm sure that Lennox would pick Fury if he was asked now. I don't value Lennox's opinion over everyone, just the muppets on here.

Anyway, a prime Haye was a miles superior fighter to the roided up robot you idolise. Haye would spark him clean out right now, let alone in his prime.

Comment

If Joshua makes it 2 years without testing positive this sport might as well be a ringling bros sideshow act

in fact if he lives past 40 id be totally surprised... bump the thread by then
          Last edited by ////; 06-23-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

The truth is Lewis will go against anyone he feels threatens his own status in the history books and is well aware that Joshua is on a fast track to surpass even what he accomplished and knows B .Hearn who was involved in his career already thinks Joshua is better than Lewis was . Lewis did the same thing with Wlad when he knew Steward thought Wlad had more talent so he picked and even gave his opposition advice how to beat him ...... ironically the ONE time he openly admitted a sure win for Wlad he lost ,so im glad hes picking Fury this time !

I ll go by a much better boxing analyst Mike Tyson who gave logical reasons to why he cant see Wlad losing twice to Fury ! Any smart observational person can see Joshua would have a more than good chance defeating Fury ,and the question will be answered anyway should Wlad defeat Fury since its stylistically an easier match for Tyson ,if he cant beat Wlad he cant beat Joshua !

Well the least since you value Lewis opinions over anyone elses its important to note for you he had Haye winning against Fury when they were supposed to fight , the much smaller Haye than !

Lol, seriously.. I think your getting slightly ahead of yourself. I like Joshua, but to say hes on a fast track to become A HOF & be above Lewis in he HOF rankings is just ridiculous. He's fought no one yet, and there is only a handful of good Heavyweights around at the moment to.

The only HOF boxer at heavy will be Wlad atm, and we are yet to see about the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
              Lol, seriously.. I think your getting slightly ahead of yourself. I like Joshua, but to say hes on a fast track to become A HOF & be above Lewis in he HOF rankings is just ridiculous. He's fought no one yet, and there is only a handful of good Heavyweights around at the moment to.

The only HOF boxer at heavy will be Wlad atm, and we are yet to see about the rest.
              He hasnt fought any one based on what? Was he suppose to fight Wilder already ? That guy hasnt even fought a top ten guy yet ... Joshua has. I think you fail to realise what skill sets look like if you think Lewis was the more dangerous fighter . HOF status arent skills they are lables . Theres always only a handful of top HW's in any era what does that prove. I guess M.Tyson wasnt anything either mugging Spinks a cruiser weight , Holmes out of retirement and unproven , unbeaten olympic medalist Biggs ..... surley you dont believe that crap !

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Lennox knows how good Fury is now.

So Lennox is picking Fury because he's jealous of Joshua? Mmhmm, ok buddy.

The much better boxing analyst Mike Tyson said that Fury was the greatest HW since him. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...-best-since-me Anyway he can beat Wladimir, he did it in his last fight.

Haye would've had a very good shot at beating Tyson then, not now though obviously, i'm sure that Lennox would pick Fury if he was asked now. I don't value Lennox's opinion over everyone, just the muppets on here.

Anyway, a prime Haye was a miles superior fighter to the roided up robot you idolise. Haye would spark him clean out right now, let alone in his prime.
                You ar wrong with Haye ,he is stronger now and sits down on shots more . Punching beats flashy movements today at HW i already explained that to you .You guys act like Haye is slow when he hasnt lost speed much .He will be able to stand in the pocket more without worrying about taken harder shots ,thats a point you seem to have trouble accepting and thats the heavier you are the more difficult it is to k.o you . Would you actually like for me to show you boxing statistics on that . That would be lame considering only CASUALS probably wouldn't know that ,it should be common sense to any fight enthusiast !

The rest you can twist any which way you like . Lewis has a poor track record dissecting fights and half of them were indeed out of personal dislikes or agenda . Tyson said those things AFTER he met Fury in person ,not bc he went back to the video and said WOW this is a great fighter ...lol

Comment

He hasnt fought any one based on what? Was he suppose to fight Wilder already ? That guy hasnt even fought a top ten guy yet ... Joshua has. I think you fail to realise what skill sets look like if you think Lewis was the more dangerous fighter . HOF status arent skills they are lables . Theres always only a handful of top HW's in any era what does that prove. I guess M.Tyson wasnt anything either mugging Spinks a cruiser weight , Holmes out of retirement and unproven , unbeaten olympic medalist Biggs ..... surley you dont believe that crap !
                  Based on his record, no credible names. We have to wait until he gets in the ring with Fury, haye, Wilder, Ortiz etc etc. If he beats them then we know.

I'm not hating on Joshua at all, I just think what your saying is premature.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                    Based on his record, no credible names. We have to wait until he gets in the ring with Fury, haye, Wilder, Ortiz etc etc. If he beats them then we know.

I'm not hating on Joshua at all, I just think what your saying is premature.
                    It s a well educated prediction . And he wouldn't be favored over EVERY champion right now if i didn't know what i was talking about which why the smart odds makers think the same thing i do . He was even favored over Wlad before the Fury fight at the mock lines .Now he CAN lose bc anyone can ,but when was the last time you saw two undefeatted guys and one was a 50 to 1 underdog going into a title fight? No one could have defeated the last three guys he fought in the way he did ,i think you guys fail to realise that performance is taken into account of breaking down fights as is calculating fight progression ,meaning Breazeale is having to fight the best Joshua yet ....hence the insane odds and its not bc Breazeale is a bad fighter who himself is going to be on point .

Joshua is better skilled than any fighter today ,it is not he needs them ,they need him on their resume ,the only guy that can claim any real difference in resume status is Klitchko right now and for obvious reasons .

A fantasy Lewis vs Joshua match is not only reasonable i give Joshua the edge he is no lazy Bowe who couldn't deal with long jabbers either and by far is more effective than Bowe ever was at inside fighting and measuring distance from the out side . To tell me Joshua cant be in the same sentance as Lewis is comical when clearly both possess skills that rival each other ,the difference is Joshua can force an inside game and has a stiff jab himself when he uses it .
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-23-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It s a well educated prediction . And he wouldn't be favored over EVERY champion right now if i didn't know what i was talking about which why the smart odds makers think the same thing i do . He was even favored over Wlad before the Fury fight at the mock lines .Now he CAN lose bc anyone can ,but when was the last time you saw two undefeatted guys and one was a 50 to 1 underdog going into a title fight? No one could have defeated the last three guys he fought in the way he did ,i think you guys fail to realise that performance is taken into account of breaking down fights as is calculating fight progression ,meaning Breazeale is having to fight the best Joshua yet ....hence the insane odds and its not bc Breazeale is a bad fighter who himself is going to be on point .
                      He has crazy power, which is the reason as to why he defeated them in such a manner. And Breazeale is horrendous im sorry.

Can he go on to become a great? he could do, I mean hardly anyone gave Fury a chance against Wlad and well he proved most people wrong. Anyway I just think he needs some tougher fights before being quoted as a future HOH fighter its very early in his career yet dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X