Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO, Showtime Struggle In Ratings For Dueling June 11 Telecasts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Showtimes ratings are not good either but they are about consistent to what they have fallen off to. Their entire card did around 300 something thousand viewers. Terrible but 300-400k is what they been doing for about a year now. The real story is HBO paid Loma a lot of money to headline a card and it flopped. And you got Bob Arum saying HBO needs to pay more money for him and how he is this big superstar. Sorry no he isn't. And especially after the ratings Vargas and Salido.
    Didnt Mikey Garcia do about the same number in NY like 2 years ago when the card had to compete with a showtime card

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Wow, those are pretty poor numbers for HBO. I guess Lomachenko is not the next Pacquiao just yet and it seems nobody gives a **** about Verdejo
      Pac wasn't a big star and didn't do great numbers till he fought the big names. But Lom needs to learn to speak English like Pac and others have. Lom needs to go out and buy a damn copy of Rosetta Stone. Many foreign fighters that became stars learned some English.
      Last edited by richardt; 06-14-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Showtime's undercard fights including Andrade which did 336k

Comment

damn, really low for HBO. can't remember them getting below 800k

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
            Didnt Mikey Garcia do about the same number in NY like 2 years ago when the card had to compete with a showtime card
            What are you talking about? No need to lie. You talking about the Burgos fight which the ENTIRE card doubled Showtime. Mikey's HBO Boxing After Dark fight drew 829k against a weak opponent also head to head with Showtime.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hbo-nearl...ratings--74140

Those are bad ratings for Loma no other way to spin it.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-14-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              What are you talking about? No need to lie. You talking about the Burgos fight which the ENTIRE card doubled Showtime. Mikey's HBO Boxing After Dark fight drew 829k against a weak opponent.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hbo-nearl...ratings--74140
              Oh I guess youre right I was remembering that it did somewhere around 675k

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                Yeah people were saying loma was a draw when I asked if Andrade was kicked off HBO.
                I didn't see that. It doesn't even make sense that you're talking about Andrade and someone brings up Loma. Well, there are a lot of crazy people so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
                I have never said he's a draw and I haven't talked crap about other fighters #'s, I don't even pay attention to them, so I don't feel bad or like a hypocrite.

Comment

Lomachenko is a horrible draw seems no one cares about the guys fights.

Salido/vargas will get paid a lot better next go around you can count on that.

Comment

This is why the purse split for Loma/Walters should've been 50/50. They draw the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                      And I haven't seen anyone saying he's a draw.
                      no no no no..
                      u get on your knees and apologize to everyone here....everyone who asked for even money to see walters vs lomo..u apologize to us all you son of b1tch..ok that was a bit harsh, but i just mean i boxing fan joke, but seriously man say you are sorry you man just got exposed a good fighter that is not popular just like walters

walter did a better average vs marriage. walters was off 8 months prior to the fight..it was on a pr holiday just like lomo's fight..and walters was not fighting a PRincan.

now can we please just admit it finally walters is a threat and so is lomo..neither man is neither man's A side..

i know u will birng up lomo's title now, but that was the plan..price yourself out, try to prove you are a draw, then have everyone turn on walters bc he not a champ and under promoted by bob.

this is total justification for you to come out as a fan of boxing and not just a fan of lomo

Comment

Working...
                      X