Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wlad got old overnight" putting this BS to bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, Wladimir is 40. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. He's pretty far removed from his prime and perhaps the outcome would have been different if he was younger. I think it would.

That said, he lost in a way that suggests that age wasn't the only or primary factor. Fury simply had a better gameplan, one that capitalized on Wladimir's flaws. I think you do a disservice to him by saying Wladimir lost because he was old. So glad this rematch is taking place so we can answer this debate once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
      Wlad could not get his shots of without being countered. I mean he was trying, he was coming forward trying to press Fury but it just wasn't working. Was it an exciting fight no, both fighters are not exciting in my eyes.

No on gets old over night however, its a steady decline. Has Wlad declined over the years yes, but to a point where people give for an excuse to why he lost no!

No one was saying Wlads to old before hand or, his punch out put over the past few years is going lower and lower. It was just this fight, and because he struggled and it showed as he lost.
      Well I think that a dropoff of say 20-30% percent could perhaps be attributed to the opponent and the rest would be other factors. Of course that is just my opinion while you claim that the immense decline is solely based on the opposition.

On facevalue though, the numbers debunks whatever agenda LacedUp is putting forth.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        So what is your interpretation of the numbers?
        That when faced with a guy that moves and /or id awkward Wlad had showed throughout his career that he drops his output. Specifically the right hand.

And Fury capitalized on that as we saw in the fight.

Comment

So a drop of roughly 60% in punchoutput occurred because Wlad was scared?

Ok.
          No.

Because Fury took it away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Look, Wladimir is 40. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. He's pretty far removed from his prime and perhaps the outcome would have been different if he was younger. I think it would.

That said, he lost in a way that suggests that age wasn't the only or primary factor. Fury simply had a better gameplan, one that capitalized on Wladimir's flaws. I think you do a disservice to him by saying Wladimir lost because he was old. So glad this rematch is taking place so we can answer this debate once and for all.
            I pretty much agree with all of this. Except that I don't necessarily think the outcome would have been different on another day.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              No.

So you join the ranks with bboy80. It's ok. Everyone is entitled to his/hers opinion. I see it less Black/White as explained in post 85.

Comment

Well I think that a dropoff of say 20-30% percent could perhaps be attributed to the opponent and the rest would be other factors. Of course that is just my opinion while you claim that the immense decline is solely based on the opposition.

On facevalue though, the numbers debunks whatever agenda LacedUp is putting forth.
                No it doesn't. It rather backs it up. I have plenty of examples in wlads absolute prime where he was faced with some movement and awkwardness i.e. Ibragimov, Thompson, Chambers.

I never said he hasnt punched 500 times in a fight in his life which is what you're trying to suggest I said.

I simply put forward the argument that it has happened before, in his prime.

Comment

I pretty much agree with all of this. Except that I don't necessarily think the outcome would have been different on another day.
                  No you don't!

No.

Comment

So you join the ranks with bboy80. It's ok. Everyone is entitled to his/hers opinion. I see it less Black/White as explained in post 85.
                    Yes you see Wlad got old, despite him showing similar tendencies at other points in his career.

Comment

No you don't!

I agree that Wlad was old and it was a factor I.e he wasn't at his absolute peak.

I also agree that he had a better game plan and capitalized on Wlads flaws.

Eh so yes I do But I don't agree with him getting old overnight. That's embarrassing to suggest.

He was the same fighter you and everyone else predicted to KO Fury senseless.
                      Last edited by LacedUp; 06-21-2016, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X