Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people think Molina weight and size advantage won him the fight against Ruslan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people think Molina weight and size advantage won him the fight against Ruslan

http://goo.gl/OnpNM5

The 5’10 ½” Molina needed little more than his powerful jab and his long reach to defeat the shorter 5’6 Provodnikov in this fight. The odds-makers obviously didn’t take into account Molina’s 4 ½ inch height and his 5 inch reach advantage when they make their predictions in who would be the betting favorite. Molina looked like a middleweight in the ring against a light welterweight, and there was no way that little Provodnikov was going to beat a middleweight. As good as Provodnikov is, he’s not good enough to beat a rehydrated middleweight.

Molina, 33, rehydrated 20 pounds overnight after the weigh-in on Friday and came into the fight as a middleweight. The size advantage for Molina basically won the fight for him because he was both taller and heavier than the smaller Provodnikov. Provodnikov blew it by not asking for a rehydration clause in the contract to limit the amount of weight Molina could gain back. When you’ve got a fighter that balloons up in weight three divisions like Molina did tonight in coming in at 160lbs, it puts the smaller guys like Provodnikov at a disadvantage because he doesn’t rehydrate a lot. Provodnikov is one of those guys that fights right at his weight division because he doesn’t put weight on in between fights.
    What do you think? I said multiple times, we need to go back to same day weigh ins... this suck. 20 pounds in one day? that's a cheat.

He said after the fight he weighed in with his clothes, wallet etc and the actual amount he put on overnight was about 14 pounds.

He won the fight fair and square, Provodnikov is simply an overrated C level fighter with zero skill or intelligence in the ring.

Comment

deal with it, its apart of boxing plus that 20 is fully dressed on and not to mention on an uncalibrated scale, for the day after hbo use some cheap ass walmart type scales. Tons of people beat molina with ease lmfao.

Ruslan just sucks, 1,2 him and you won the round lmfao.

Comment

i think it helped, Molina use to be a wrestler and if you watch ufc wrestlers can cut a lot of weight and rehydrate for a weight advantage, it helped him take punches and push Ruslan back in the post fight interview Molina was sensitive about his 20lb weight gain, actually blamed the scale

Comment

molina was just preparing to fight ggg and i think he's got a decent shot using that educated left hand and powerful right hand. he would keep ggg at bay and make him hesitant.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            molina was just preparing to fight ggg and i think he's got a decent shot using that educated left hand and powerful right hand. he would keep ggg at bay and make him hesitant.
            My god your obsession with Ward, Golovkin and Floyd is actually scary

Comment

Dems da rules.

I think day of weigh in makes fighters more drained closer into a fight & probably makes them more at risk for brain injury. And just like now some guys are gonna adapt better to these sport within a sport weigh in rules.

Personally I'd wish we cut the **** completely & fighters were given a "healthy walking around weight range" upon being given a boxing license under a commission & making weight wasn't even a thing anymore. I think losing weight & being in a weakened state due to not eating or potentially eating less is dangerous across the board. Allowing guys to fight at a healthier walking around weight will probably safe lives & puts fighters on a more even playing field & kills the sport within a sport of best weight losers.

Comment

But Broner schooled him doe

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  But Broner schooled him doe
                  lol you had to bring up bro Broner in that thread

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    He said after the fight he weighed in with his clothes, wallet etc and the actual amount he put on overnight was about 14 pounds.

He won the fight fair and square, Provodnikov is simply an overrated C level fighter with zero skill or intelligence in the ring.
                    I just don't know how you can lose and rehydrate 14 pounds in 24 hours, crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X