Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruslan Provodnikov To Consider Future: I Had No Hunger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dudes that fight in that brutal fashion, usually fizzle out fast..

Kirkland
    Angulo
    Hatton
    Frazier
    Paul williams
    Mayorga

Just to name a few guys that had success as pure warriors but it never lasts long

Comment

Provodnikov and Artie Pelullo of Banner promotions agreed to a multi-fight deal with Showtime that will commence with the Russian brawler's 12-round junior welterweight bout against John Molina Jr.

showtime is crying

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I said it three fights ago the man is shot, he cannot pull the trigger anymore. He is getting in close but not letting his hands go at all.

That is the sign of a shot fighter when they no longer can throw punches even when they see openings. He couldnt throw anything against Lucas either and when he did land he didnt follow up like he used too.

The Ruslan fight versus Alvarado was his peak after that he has been nothing.

He is physically fit and in shape but when you cant pull the trigger on shots it means you are done.
        It hurt watching this. Honestly, Molina didn't look good at all, if u saw the last sequence they kept replaying, it looked exactly like Floyd/Manny in that Molina(Floyd) landed weak or on gloves, and Ruslan(Manny) landed just one strong return punch..

I's just that Ruslan, with the exception of the 11th, looked worse as a whole. A HUGE part of boxing is aesthetic and appeal within the ring. Hagler could kick SRL's ass for 2:35 of a round, but if Sugar looks smooth while getting beat, and returns a little, he'll get the nod.

Provo looked so defeated in the post-fight interview... I think he'll take another layoff.

Comment

All Provodnikov proved is that he's a good punching bag. Great chin and heart, not much else. Time to hang them up as he is pretty much finished as a main attraction now.

Comment

Problem is

The problem with Provo is that he is unteachable. I am sure Diaz & other trainers tried to teach him head movement, come in behind the jab, go to the body much more, and cut off the ring. But when it comes to fight time he seems to forget all that and just fall back on what he always did and that is just go straight in with no head movement, no jab, and then head hunt.

If he had applied what he was taught he could of won some of those close fights and extended his career by taking less punishment. Anyway, he is done, I said that after the 2nd rd it was so noticeable. Well, he fought hard and always gave the fans great fights, he should retire and he can always say he won a major title, not many can say that.

Comment

consider future? how's about considering to learn alittle defense. the tough guy crap leads to brain damage. he was getting hit easily by a average fighter. Broner would'nt used provo for a punching bag.

Comment

oh please i love provo but the reason he had no hunger was the jab and the looping punches and right hands he eat all night

Comment

All these wars and bombs he was taking in prevous fights just had to take their toll. He realy should consider retirement or he ends up brain-damaged.

Comment

I remember just a few year ago tards saying Floyd was ducking Pravo.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
                      It hurt watching this. Honestly, Molina didn't look good at all, if u saw the last sequence they kept replaying, it looked exactly like Floyd/Manny in that Molina(Floyd) landed weak or on gloves, and Ruslan(Manny) landed just one strong return punch..

I's just that Ruslan, with the exception of the 11th, looked worse as a whole. A HUGE part of boxing is aesthetic and appeal within the ring. Hagler could kick SRL's ass for 2:35 of a round, but if Sugar looks smooth while getting beat, and returns a little, he'll get the nod.

Provo looked so defeated in the post-fight interview... I think he'll take another layoff.
                      Even Provo knew he lost??? What are you saying? The judges got it wrong???

Comment

Working...
                      X