No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes History, Knocks Martinez Out For WBO Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    What a crap fight Arum and Top Rank are gifting Lomochenko a belt at 130 against a guy who just came from 2 wars against Salido. Rocky had no chance and this is another HBO fight that was a waste of $$$ from their budget.

Lomochenko has been offered everything on a golden platter and the guy doesn't sell and nobody cares he was on those PPV undercards and HBO main event headlining. As long if he fights a threat at 130 after he beats Rocky I will give him a pass but if he's going to fight Puerto Rican mechanics and Mexican tire changers after winning the title this guy is terrible.
    Thank You!!!! There's two Puerto Ricans on the card on the weeked of the Puerto Rican festival in New York and this guy is getting paid like he's the one selling the tickets. A win over Gary Russell Jr and can't fill a VFW hall get you paid like this? But Haymon overpaying doe

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 06-10-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Loma by T\KO RD7

Comment

Look at the facts, Lomachenko's best win is a MD, and he was the only champion with 1 loss/2 wins resume, it's just pathetic. I'm going to root for Martinez, really and I'll be disappointed if Lomachenko will win with slapping Martinez to UD with his weak ass punches. I don't want nobody to get offended with this comment but I really think that Lomachenko is overhyped, he's good but not THAT good. I'll check that fight to see if Lomachenko is really that great like a lot of boxing fans thinking. Don't get me wrong, I really want that Lomachenko hype to be real, but at this point I have a lot of doubts about him, let's see if this fight can convince me
        Last edited by g27region; 06-11-2016, 12:20 AM.

Comment

WAR LOMACHENKO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Look at the facts, Lomachenko's best win is a MD, and he was the only champion with 1 loss/2 wins resume, it's just pathetic. I'm going to root for Martinez, really and I'll be disappointed if Lomachenko will win with slapping Martinez to UD with his weak ass punches. I don't want nobody to get offended with this comment but I really think that Lomachenko is overhyped, he's good but not THAT good. I'll check that fight to see if Lomachenko is really that great like a lot of boxing fans thinking. Don't get me wrong, I really want that Lomachenko hype to be real, but at this point I have a lot of doubts about him, let's see if this fight can convince me
            He has very few pro fights and has fought salido, defeated Russell Jr (he's a belt holder now anyway), and soon fighting a tough veteran champ in Martinez.

I think that is more than enough to see what Loma is made of. He may not be a KO puncher (which I think you prefer) but he has skills.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              Wait wtf.. I was just scanning odds and Bovada has Lomachenko listed as a 50/1 favorite? Am I crazy or is that way too wide?
              I think the odd have narrowed a little bit but nevertheless there's terrific value for Martinez.

Comment

His win over russell was super clear and easy. The only reason it was a MD is because the judges were incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                  His win over russell was super clear and easy. The only reason it was a MD is because the judges were incompetent.
                  I know, but at this point it really doesn't matter if the fight was one-sided in reality, it's still controversial on paper, so if he couldn't get UD from judges, what makes you think he won't get robbed at some point?
                  Last edited by g27region; 06-11-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I know, but at this point it really doesn't matter if the fight was one-sided in reality, it's still controversial on paper, so if he couldn't get UD from judges, what makes you think he won't get robbed at some point?
                    Its controversial in the sense that he didnt get a UD, but even if he does get robbed it doesnt mean he doesn't have skills. I mean look at floyd vs Canelo floyd won virtually every round and still one judge had it a draw. Real fans recognize whats real though and virtually everyone even here even the Russell fans here acknoledge that he lost clearly. If he gets robbed its not an indictment on Lomachenko it's on the judges and real fans know whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                      Its controversial in the sense that he didnt get a UD, but even if he does get robbed it doesnt mean he doesn't have skills. I mean look at floyd vs Canelo floyd won virtually every round and still one judge had it a draw. Real fans recognize whats real though and virtually everyone even here even the Russell fans here acknoledge that he lost clearly. If he gets robbed its not an indictment on Lomachenko it's on the judges and real fans know whats up.
                      Damn, **** boxing, who's that chick in your signature?
                      Last edited by g27region; 06-11-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X