No announcement yet.

National anthems in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    David haye displayed our wonderful anthem at his non title bout recently, what a magnificent show and spectacle making us all proud, how dare you try and insinuate it's bad / wrong sir.

I'll tell you what's bad and wrong.
    kanye west and his god awful pop music beats with his f@ggy auto tune vocals.
    I mean the man represents everything awful about the U.S,(universally schit)country.... releases a few decent beats at the start of his career and then releases total turd for a decade all in the while telling everyone how he's god's gift to music / the world's best rock star while having people finger his pooper.

how DARE you.
    I was just using Kanye as a placeholder. You can throw in whoever you dig.

I'd even have no problem with every country just doing a nice remix of their anthem to some modern day **** as they see fit. These bs melodies don't fit. It'd be like playing Beethoven at a strip club. For sure there is a time & place for this its just not at fights. You got cats coming into AC/DC Thunderstruck & some Lil Jon song & are about to hit each other in the head for 36 minutes or less & in between that they play this ****ty music from the 1800's or before. Seems stupid.

And hey if the anthem is your jam fair enough, use it as your walk out music. I just think it ruins the flow of a fight in its forced place right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
      Oh is that why you just PM'ed me agreeing with me about it? Please don't lie to the public, you sound American.
      Lets have a bareknuckle fight. Anywhere you want. Or a boxing match. We can stream it live on youtube for this forum to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Lets have a bareknuckle fight. Anywhere you want. Or a boxing match. We can stream it live on youtube for this forum to watch.
        From what i've been told you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. Stevie Wonder could bash you up, and he's a right ****

Comment

Is anyone else reading this clowns comments in an English accent?

Comment

Originally posted by YalMustveForgot View Post
            Is anyone else reading this clowns comments in an English accent?
            What you mean like, how the language is supposed to be spoken?

I suggest Roy Jones have a lesson or two, what on earth is that slurring drawl coming out of his pie hole?

Another suggestion: Go and put on a Kanye record while you watch keeping up with the karaschit****s while stuffing your huge gob full of corndogs

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              I've always felt your version of "I can lick any sonofa***** in the house" was way different than John L's, but fair enough, I'll volunteer to ref.

Already got my catchphrase, "Alright guys lets see who's the baddest mofo low down around this town is!!!!!".

Comment

Working...
              X