No announcement yet.

Hearn: Kell Brook will move to 154 in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Brook should be aiming to clean up Welterweight.
    It takes him about 16 weeks to get down to 147 lbs.

It's always been a matter of time before he moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      It takes him about 16 weeks to get down to 147 lbs.

It's always been a matter of time before he moves up.
      Simple solution, stay in shape. Kell gets too fat between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        Simple solution, stay in shape. Kell gets too fat between fights.
        I honestly don't think it's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Spence's people needs to jump at the chance now! I'd why they didn't take the fight instead of Vargas. Oh well...
          Why didn't Brook's people jump to get Spence intead of Vargas?

Spence had to fight eliminators to get to Brook.

Kell will be lucky to beat Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            In what year was Spence set to fight Brook?
            If Spence wins I think March 2017 is the latest the fight can take place. There's nothing in the IBF rulebook that says you can't fight your mandatory early. So if Brook and Spence wins Brook call fight Spence late this year or early next year

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I honestly don't think it's that simple.
              It is that simple..

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                It is that simple..
                When you cut so much weight that your fat percentage is down to a couple of %, it is literally impossible and super unhealthy for your body.

And it's not like he's ricky hatton, he just gains naturally,

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  “Kell will move to light middleweight in 2017,” says Hearn to IFL TV.

“If he’s still around, we’ll definitely look at that fight,” said Hearn about Smith after Brook moves up to junior middleweight. “I don’t see Smith as a big fight in terms of what I’m talking about, which is Cotto and Canelo. I had a long chat with Kell last night. We really want to have the big fights at welterweight, and try to unify before moving up. The offer made to Kell [from Liam Smith’s promoter] was not nearly enough. It’s less than what he’s been earning, and it’s a British world title fight for Kell to become a two belt world title champion. Frank said we can just freeze our belt and move up. No, we can’t. If we decide to fight for the WBO junior middleweight title, then we lose our IBF world title. There’s no question about it. That’s a big move for us. With the [Jessie] Vargas fight in the wings, the unification fight, really, it’s not something we’re looking to do yet. People in boxing think Brook-Liam is a big fight, but I’m not sure that it is. People like Liam and Terry [Flanagan] are suffering terribly with their profile. I heard there was 1000 to 1,500 people last Saturday night at the Echo Arena. This was a homecoming of a Liverpool world champion. I don’t feel that fight [Brook vs. Smith] is that big outside boxing, and I feel the same way about Flanagan-Crolla as well. Liam is very, very good.”
                  I watched the interview. Hearn never said 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Why didn't Brook's people jump to get Spence intead of Vargas?

Spence had to fight eliminators to get to Brook.

Kell will be lucky to beat Vargas.
                    Why didn't Brook jump at the chance to give Spence more money ahead of a unification fight with Vargas? Brook will fight Spence next when he is mandatory and for 75% of the purse. Think before you post.

Comment

I think Brook is gonna have his hands full whatever he does here. I like Spence's chances over Brook by 2017 (if not already if it were to happen) & I like the 154 main players over Brook. About the only thing Brook will do at 154 is beat Liam Smith I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X