Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Did It All Go Wrong Between Ali and Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Did It All Go Wrong Between Ali and Frazier?

I know Joe didn't take too kindly to how Muhammad Ali treated him whenever in front of the camera. He took a lot of what Ali said to heart but, even after retirement they were together on many talk shows and so on, talking, having a laugh etc.

So after this moment how and when did Joe get that bug back for Ali? I always felt it was during their fighting days and continued till Joe's passing.

I came across the following interview from an old British TV Show on which Foreman, Frazier and Ali all appeared together while all seemed fine.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=ali%...v%20funny&sm=1

(Sorry, on the phone, cannot embed).

EDIT: This was once all three were retired and Foreman was in the process of making his return to the ring.
    Last edited by Terrel; 06-06-2016, 05:35 PM.

Ali called him an Uncle Tom...worst thing you can call a black prideful man

Comment

seems that joe just really struggled being in the same frame as ali. being the butt of many jokes with nothing to offer back as far as charisma or wit, i think made him feel awful. i just think that joe got to a point where he stopped pretending the like / acceptance of ali.

one had to be very comfortable in their own skin in the presence of ali. ali always ran on all cylinders.

Comment

They were never what you call enemies, but Ali hurt Frazier deeply. Frazier helped Ali while he was exiled and upon his return Ali publicly humiliated Frazier and Fraizer was hurt on a personal level, he felt betrayed

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          They were never what you call enemies, but Ali hurt Frazier deeply. Frazier helped Ali while he was exiled and upon his return Ali publicly humiliated Frazier and Fraizer was hurt on a personal level, he felt betrayed
          didn't know that.

that's a dick move.

Comment

Frazier helped ali out with some money when ali wasnt making any after being banned . Then ali got permission to fight again and started calling frazier out to fight because he wanted his title back. The rest is history

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              didn't know that.

that's a dick move.
              Yea we all have done d1ck moves in life and that was one by Ali

Comment

It's got be said, Frazier was treated pretty shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  Exactly what I was going to post.

Comment

I know of most, if not all of their encounters as well as their friendship during the time they were still active. That includes Frazier helping him out while in exile and so on.

Muhammad Ali: This is Your Life, is another clip on YouTube where Frazier is one of the guests in honouring Ali. He even talks about the very journey him and Ali had in which Ali would be having a normal conversation with him and once spotted by the public, he'd go into his 'where is Frazier, I want my title' mode, lol. (The way Frazier tells it is pretty funny).

I'm sure Ali called him an Uncle Tom before the above posted video. Bit then again, it does seem viable that it was all an act on Fraziers part, which he could no longer contain. My confusion lay in post retirement segments and the look of a close bond I guess.

I wasn't sure why Frazier was so bitter after still seeming to be fine with Ali later.

Comment

Working...
                    X