Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the hell are all the vargas and salido threads were is the appreciation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. This was probably the fight of the year. I was surprised the next morning to not see everybody on Twitter and online going crazy about it.

This is the failure of boxing. When special fights happen, nobody watches because they've been put off by the bull****.

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    When i read your post and look at your avi...i feel like I'm being yelled at by Shannon Briggs

Comment

I think Ali death overshadowed it and rightfully so

It was a great fight though!

Comment

I read that Salido only got paid $50K for that fight? Is that true?

Comment

Cause we dont have real boxing fans out here

Theres 3 teams on here the Floyd fan boys these are obvious they like Ward, Broner, PBC

We have the Triple Gays, they like KOvalev, Golovkin, Provoknikov

N we have those 2 teams above hate Mexicans n they team up

So thats how we dont get threads of how these two tough MEXICAN warriors dont get attention

I have love for all boxing, n i admire all boxers, im not a huge fan like most these ***gggggs are of a certain fighter

Most of the real boxing fans wont bother to answer these troll teams

Comment

I guess looks like our sport is losing steam.... we just had a war and the boxing universe is quiet as can be sooo sad

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              I bet u watched real exciting showtime fights like lara vanes 2 though!
              Wasn't really interested in Lara-Vanes; will say that I did tune in to see of the Charlo brothers could both be world champion. With the fights/opponents in the cue (JRock, Hatley, Andrade, etc), how long the reign extends is now in doubt.

Banner Promotions, when given a TV date by Showtime, has stacked their card with Provodnikov-MolinaJr, Andrade-Nelson, and the vacant WBC 135 belt fight (with Monroe Jr-Thompson, battle of the Boxcino winner, making the broadcast if the fights are short).

Will be at the house for those fights, before heading out for the night.

If you stayed in to see Vargas-Salido and, basically, nothing else, you played yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Wasn't really interested in Lara-Vanes; will say that I did tune in to see of the Charlo brothers could both be world champion. With the fights/opponents in the cue (JRock, Hatley, Andrade, etc), how long the reign extends is now in doubt.

Banner Promotions, when given a TV date by Showtime, has stacked their card with Provodnikov-MolinaJr, Andrade-Nelson, and the vacant WBC 135 belt fight (with Monroe Jr-Thompson, battle of the Boxcino winner, making the broadcast if the fights are short).

Will be at the house for those fights, before heading out for the night.

If you stayed in to see Vargas-Salido and, basically, nothing else, you played yourself.
                actually the opening bout between ramirez and lopez was good too even if the wrong man was given the decision. I also watched the mismatch on ESPN but I at least came away impressed with the work done by the prospect Perrella

Comment

As sad as it sounds, a large majority of NBS 'fans' prefer to argue on-line over Pacquiao/Mayweather and GGG rather than actually watch boxing.

Comment

Salido/Vargas fight was incredible. 12 rounds in a phone booth essentially. Watched it 3 times. Definitely prime candidate for Fight of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      actually the opening bout between ramirez and lopez was good too even if the wrong man was given the decision. I also watched the mismatch on ESPN but I at least came away impressed with the work done by the prospect Perrella
                      Perrella did look promising, with Jamontay Clark looking less so, but I tuned in to watch Artur Beterbiev's return, which I was happy with.

The one prospect under the Golden Boy banner at the monemt that I'm interesting in seeing fight is Joseph "JoJo" Diaz Jr; if he was on the bill, I might've tuned in for that fight, seeing the Vargas-Salido fight as extra.

Comment

Working...
                      X