Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Else Get Bored Seeing A Twelve Round War With No Knockdowns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Else Get Bored Seeing A Twelve Round War With No Knockdowns?

I watched the Salido Vargas fight tonight and I didn't find it that entertaining. I watched two guys slug it out with minimal technique and basically beat the snot out of each other for nothing other than a nice paycheck.

The result of the fight was fair, I too thought it was a draw But seeing the amount of punishment these dudes inflicted upon each other for a result where neither man won just seems like a wasted night. Boxing is already taxing on the body, so I'm sure every time these guys step in there they don't even contemplate the thought of losing so my heart just sank for those guys when it was declared a draw. All that punishment for basically nothing it seemed.

It just felt anticlimatic. Do any of you guys get bored watching wars with no knockdowns, especially when there is no clear cut winner?

Hell no!!!

Sorry but if you some how got bored watching to elite boxers go to war for 12 rds well then you sir are not a real boxing fan.

Whats boring is when so called top fighters face bum after bum yet are praised for it, that is whats boring.

Any idiot who got "bored" watching the FOTY should be banned from any boxing forum.
    Last edited by kidbazooka; 06-05-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Aren't you a big Mayweather fan? How the fk can you get bored watching guys actually fight rather than duck and slide and throw a punch here and there...
      To each their own but I'll take a war over guys like Lara and Floyd who bore you to death by round 6..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        I watched the Salido Vargas fight tonight and I didn't find it that entertaining. I watched two guys slug it out with minimal technique and basically beat the snot out of each other for nothing other than a nice paycheck.

The result of the fight was fair, I too thought it was a draw But seeing the amount of punishment these dudes inflicted upon each other for a result where neither man won just seems like a wasted night. Boxing is already taxing on the body, so I'm sure every time these guys step in there they don't even contemplate the thought of losing so my heart just sank for those guys when it was declared a draw. All that punishment for basically nothing it seemed.

It just felt anticlimatic. Do any of you guys get bored watching wars with no knockdowns, especially when there is no clear cut winner?
        No, never have done, never will do.

Comment

No I don't and can't get bored watching that.

Comment

Remember there was no knockdowns until round 10 of Castillo - Corrales I and that's likely to go down in ****ing history as one of the greatest fights ever.

Comment

Yes sometimes.

I feel boxing could take a leaf out of UFCs book and offer fight bonuses and KO bonuses.

I don't mind if it's a real fight. But pitty patting for 12 rounds is boring as ****.

Comment

Stopped reading at minimal technique

Comment

It depends on quality of competition. Mayweather vs Maidana, was great for 24 rounds. MArquez vs Pacquiao was never boring all through 42 rounds. The War was 3 rounds?
                  It also depends on your taste, I get bored wathcing 2 guys killing each other with no defense. Maidana vs Victor Ortiz and Soto Karass made me yawn, but Maidana vs Amir Khan was entertaining. It depends..

Comment

I get only bored with wars, when neither guy has pop in his hands.
                    Omar Figueroa Vs Nihito Arakawa is an example. They fought 12 hard rounds, but the punches had no effect at all.

Salido Vs Vargas was a great fight, because they were able to hurt each other and the fight had a good flow

Comment

Working...
                    X