No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali - Boxing's Greatest is Gone, 1942-2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
    Many blacks have fought and died and were injured defending America. Those were the heroes. Clay ali was a zero not to be respected just pitied for suffering for 35 yrs and being more a vegetable. American heroes fight for America. FACT
    Im a yorkshireman, patriotism is in my blood, but being patriotic towards a country that hasnt accepted you as one of their own doesnt exist. You only fight for a cause that has or will fight for you. Yes many blacks fought for america, but what choice did they have?? If anything if gave them the oppertunity to fight, come home and hopefully be accepted as american

Comment

Clay made good money in America but any man who will not defend his country is not much a man. Pity Clay Ali for suffering so long and being felt sorry for. that's it. No hero just a zero.
      I agree.

He was virulently anti-White, and spewed his hatred of Whites every chance he got.

A lot of people don't believe in violence, and didn't believe in the war, but they also realized it was obligatory, and it wouldn't be fair for their brothers to go over there and risk their lives, why they stayed home...

Ali is a grade-A coward, and a piece of **** human being.

He's just like Nelson Mandela, in how people overlook how foul and vile of a person he was, because it fits the mainstream media narrative... At least Ali didn't murder hundreds of people including children, and babies, doe.

Comment

• Sad day...they'll never be a face of boxing like Ali again...simply an icon. People like him aren't born everyday.

May the Champ rest peacefully

Comment

• You were a loud traveler
          Proud of who you were
          You gave hope to millions
          Standing up to the wrong
          Your resilience made us strong

You touched our souls
          Fighting for what was right
          You turned wrong into fight
          Opened up our eyes to see
          You touched our souls
          With your humor we did agree
          You made so many feel free
          You touched our souls

You wrongs took apart
          You showed us life as an art
          From the perspective of the whole
          We are greater than the parts
          And your soul will always warm our hearts

Comment

• Trump is very likely having a good day. Ali was Muslim and Trump hates Muslims

Comment

• I loved the way Ali gave the finger to White America. Why should a black american fight a white mans' war across the globe in a time when black americans suffered injustice at home. One thing white americans hate is for a black man to stare them right in the eye and tell them NO!! I am not your slave!!!!

Comment

• The man was the greatest because he used his words wisely, and backed them up with his hands. I would rank him as probably one of the top three greatest men of the last century. Thank you for the amazing legacy and I'll be enjoying your art long after you're gone. R.I.P. G.O.A.T!

Comment

• RIP to The Greatest.

Comment

• Didn't like how the odious Nation of Islam got hold of him, was totally suckered by those clowns, but I understood his angst and unfortunately they suckered him and it did him zero good. His passing is a blessing for him, really. I'll remember the great fights and the showmanship, not the BS. RIP. Oh, and he was a bit Irish. Don't try and claim him all black America.

Comment

Clay made good money in America but any man who will not defend his country is not much a man. Pity Clay Ali for suffering so long and being felt sorry for. that's it. No hero just a zero.
                      He would not have been defending his country. He would have been paraded around as a symbol. America would have said, "look at this famous black man. Look at him fight our useless war." He would never have been close to a real war zone. By standing up for what he believed in he actually took the hard way out. As time passes prospective can change. I don't fault Ali for his views on that or his original views on "the white man".

Like I stated before there was a lot of things I found offensive about the way he treated Fraizer for example. The man had real flaws.

Everyone keeps saying he'd be hated today. There would BE NO ALI today because times are different. You're talking about a time when blacks were lynched in the streets, segregation was real.

Comment

Working...
                      X