• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOD bless R.I.P. the greatest

Comment

• Originally posted by punchr View Post
      Bullshit.

In his thirties -- when he was showing early signs of Parkinson's disease -- Ali adamantly expressed his desires to keep women's bodies and faces covered in full-body veils.

He also talked about blacks who were fighting other blacks to stop fighting each other for one moment to join forces against the white man.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Ali had a slew of stupid, repressive views.

Ali never changed. His Parkinson's just shut him up, and people misinterpreted that as his political views evolving. He was a cracker-hating racist to the grave.
      what I said still stands. if u factor in the times he lived in..nothing he said was hateful. . he instilled pride and confidence in blacks everywhere, while MLK was preaching turn the other cheek, they preached stand up and don't take no sht. america loves MLK because thats how they prefer blacks to be, docile.

we could go back n forth, but maybe in another thread. let this be the RIP thread.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          Ali overrated? I guess you're right he's only the greatest heavyweight to ever live. .michael jackson was overrated too.
          Muhammad Ali lost 5 times and was knocked out by Larry Holmes. His style was one dimensional and beatable. When Ali would get outboxed and had no answer he would lay on the ropes and bank on his chin and opponent tiring from beating on him. Larry Holmes didn't fall for that trap and KO'd Ali.

He was a run-of-the-mill heavyweight champion. And top 20 boxer. You're not intelligent if you believe Ali's "The Greatest" self-branding. He was an overbearing narcissist so of course he's going to say he's the greastest LMAO

Comment

• R.i.p ..long live the king!

Comment

• Just woke up to the horrible news, although when it was released by the press that he was hospitalized on life support this outcome was dreadfully expected. **** man.....

Any thunder in the sky tonight is just Ali/Frazier 4.

Comment

• Hard to say how I feel about to this. It would be easy to say I'm shocked and saddened at the news, but truthfully I think I'm just glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore. His last few years were no life for a man to live, especially one who achieved the things he did. I suppose we should all be thankful that Ali wasn't snatched from us in his prime, but lived to achieve all the things he set out to achieve and witnessed the results in his lifetime. That's more than most people can hope for.

RIP Muhammad Ali, one of the immortals

Comment

• Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Muhammad Ali lost 5 times and was knocked out by Larry Holmes. His style was one dimensional and beatable. When Ali would get outboxed and had no answer he would lay on the ropes and bank on his chin and opponent tiring from beating on him. Larry Holmes didn't fall for that trap and KO'd Ali.

He was a run-of-the-mill heavyweight champion. And top 20 boxer. You're not intelligent if you believe Ali's "The Greatest" self-branding. He was an overbearing narcissist so of course he's going to say he's the greastest LMAO
                  He put up a better fight in his one sided loss against Holmes than ****ing bum ass Maidana did in his one sided loss to Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
                    He put up a better fight in his one sided loss against Holmes than ****ing bum ass Maidana did in his one sided loss to Alexander
                    Wrong.

Ali got knocked out.

Maidana didn't.

Pound for pound Marcos Maidana is a better fighter than Ali in all areas except handspeed and footspeed. In a p4p match up Chino KO's Muhammad.

Comment

• one of the few who transcended boxing, absolute legend in and out of the ring
                      Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      Wrong.

Ali got knocked out.

Maidana didn't.

Pound for pound Marcos Maidana is a better fighter than Ali in all areas except handspeed and footspeed. In a p4p match up Chino KO's Muhammad.
                      amir khan>madiana
                      let that sink in

Comment

Working...
                      X