Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is white guilt or racism in the sport denying GGG his chance at history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
    GGG is a 160 fighter. There's no doubt he'll move up in weight in the future.
    Is there too much pressure on ggg to vacate and go to a higher weight class?

It's no secret Canelo's daddy wants to break hopkins mw record.
    There seems to be a lot of focus on who Canelo's master faces next. It's not for the want of trying. For years GGG has chased the big names and has been avoided.
    Hopkins is a great but out of his 20 defences how many atg 160 fighters did he face? And how much of that was era based

Why the double standards for the Kazakhstan killer?

I'd like G to move up too but u give him time to unify & make some defences. It's inevitable he will face some pish opposition but that's boxing & not for the want of trying.

As for the ward challenge, the only thing his detractors have to cling to...he's taking his time with Kovalev and is easing into his new weight class

So why the double standards for ggg? Anybody believe he's ducking ****enlo or Saunders?

Fella's got a lot of people shook. It's at the point where nobody thinks he has challenge at 168 fellas gotta jump 15 pounds for a proper fight.
    That in itself is an atg in the making
    If the commissions grew some balls and did away with catchweights all together, there wouldn't be so much drama. It would still exist, just not to the extent as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Shouldn't people focus the hate on the trainer then? Freddie roach was kind of the same way but everyone still loved pac. I don't remember a focused effort on hating manny because of what Freddie was saying.
      depends who u were talking to but sanchez takes it to another level then even roach

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        If that were true you'd love Ward.
        It is true...and i don't mind ward. He can be a bit of a spoiler but i respect his skills.

Comment

I really hope GGG gets his chance to shine. People say GGG doesn't take risks but Martinez, Canelo, Cotto, Froch, and Ward all got the call and they all refused to step up. He can't force people to get in the ring with him. All he can do is keep winning and mount public pressure so divas like Canelo eventually decide to step up in the ring with him.

Comment

Working...
          X