Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is HBO going to do about getting Ward another opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    How much is Sabranskyy asking?
    His management team made an account on here and said they were asking for $400K.

FWIW Barrera got $450K.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      His management team made an account on here and said they were asking for $400K.

FWIW Barrera got $450K.
      $400k that is fair, I think Ward will eventually fight Sabranskyy, besides Ward is known to stall during negotiations, unless Ward decides to fight Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        LMAO, don't you guys see what is going on here? Ward verbally agrees to fight Killa Kov in December and may have signed some preliminary contingency agreement pending both guys are successful in fights over the summer. Ward and his team are lowballing all opposition so they can say that they were unable to secure an opponent and thus haven't met the requirements of the contingency, so he won't be able to fight Killa Kov in November.

I guess it's off to next year, either that or Ward retires the early part of next year to avoid him. I called it and the story has begun to play out.
        You're absolutely right. I even made a thread on it asking if Ward would fight Kovalev in 2016 and people dismissed it. Ward wants no part of Kovalev and is either going not to fight the next bum he wants or will fake an injury to get out of fighting Kovalev. Ward knows he will meet his messiah if he faces Kovalev and he has decided he's not in such a hurry to meet him.

Comment

FWIW Barrera got $450K.
          Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
          $400k that is fair, I think Ward will eventually fight Sabranskyy, besides Ward is known to stall during negotiations, unless Ward decides to fight Brand.
          This is what the main even fighters are getting tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Shabranskyy, for all intents and purposes, is basically the perfect style matchup for Ward to prep for Kovalev.

If that matchup fell apart over money, HBO should've stepped up to cover the gap; Kovalev-Ward is the biggest fight that HBO actually has on their calendar. Them bending to air a show on Monday for Kovalev, shows where they've left their thumb.
            Thank you. This is the point I was trying to make. I don't know why others thought I was confusing HBO with Roc Nation.

Comment

FWIW Barrera got $450K.
              And how much is ward making?

Comment

I don't even know why ward needs another tuneup which would be his THIRD in a row. But if he does need another fight then should fight shabransky or gonzales. HBO paid ward almost 2m to fight barerra. If shabransky is asking for more then ward or roc nation should cover the extra money on their end. Can't see HBO willing to pay ward 2m and then pay 500-800k for an opponent in a non ppv fight. Either ward has to take less or you have to find a opponent to take less which means the quality of the fighter will drop down significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                  And how much is ward making?
                  That's the problem here. Purses are dropping across all networks. Look at showtimes big triple header a few weeks ago.

Per NSAC, purses for Sat’s @SHOsports card: Lara $700k, Vanes 400k, Jermall Charlo 500k, Trout 300k, Jermell Charlo 250k, Jackson 175k.

That card cost slightly over 2mi total. If ward asking for almost 2mi himself that doesn't leave much money left for a quality opponent and an undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                    You're absolutely right. I even made a thread on it asking if Ward would fight Kovalev in 2016 and people dismissed it. Ward wants no part of Kovalev and is either going not to fight the next bum he wants or will fake an injury to get out of fighting Kovalev. Ward knows he will meet his messiah if he faces Kovalev and he has decided he's not in such a hurry to meet him.
                    It's pretty sad actually, embarrassing. Ward has always thought he was above the boxing world as if he had the pull that Mayweather had. He got touched up by Barrera and he knew that Kovalev would hit 10 times as hard and is 10 times the boxer as well.

He doesn't want it, he never did.

Comment

I've already closed two bets here that Ward doesn't fight Kovalev in 2016...
                      ... Any other "willing" poster?

Comment

Working...
                      X