Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people praise guys with long amateur careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people praise guys with long amateur careers?

When I see a guy with a long amateur record turning pro late all I can think of is a grown a** man beating up on teenagers.

Vasly Lomanchenko-24 years old turned pro at 25 years old
    Felix Verdjo- 17-19? turned pro at 19 years old

But I'm impressed with a teenage professional beating up a grown a** man
    Canelo Alvarez-19yrs old 29-0-1
    Lanardo Tyner-34 yrs old 21-2-0

A 25 year old man fighting teenagers impresses you?
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 06-01-2016, 05:51 PM.

Yes having guys learn and improve their skill set by staying in the amateurs as to produce a better pro is a bad thing. I hate watching highly skilled fighters preform.

Comment

People saying Pros competing in the Olympics is dangerous etc don't seem to realise there's fighters as good as the best Pros competing in the amateurs anyway. Lomachenko is a good example, so is Rigondeaux. "Amateur" and "Pro" has nothing to do with skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        Yes having guys learn and improve their skill set by staying in the amateurs as to produce a better pro is a bad thing. I hate watching highly skilled fighters preform.
        Those skills can be honed by careful matchmaking early in your career. I'm talking about guys turning pro at 22 or later, fighting teenagers whose bodies haven't fully developed. Name the top 10 fighters in the sport right now. I'll tell you the age they turned pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          People saying Pros competing in the Olympics is dangerous etc don't seem to realise there's fighters as good as the best Pros competing in the amateurs anyway. Lomachenko is a good example, so is Rigondeaux. "Amateur" and "Pro" has nothing to do with skill level.
          Bruh, rigo and loma are the exception not the rule. They're atg amatuers

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Yup. That's what made me think of this. You've got a 24 year old Lomanchenko beating up a 18-19? year old Verdejo in the Olympics. Canelo is only one year older than Lomanchenko was when Lomanchenko fought in the Olympics.

Comment

People respect amateur success. All the top pros respect it. The only people who don't are dumbass casuals who aren't interested enough to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                People respect amateur success. All the top pros respect it. The only people who don't are dumbass casuals who aren't interested enough to watch it.
                Nobody respects a fully grown 24 year old beating up on teenagers. That's why everybody is against pros fighting in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Those skills can be honed by careful matchmaking early in your career. I'm talking about guys turning pro at 22 or later, fighting teenagers whose bodies haven't fully developed. Name the top 10 fighters in the sport right now. I'll tell you the age they turned pro.
                  I'm agreeing with you,you goober. It's just ridiculous that some boxers want to better prepare themselves before turning pro. I mean it's just ****ing crazy that they would want to reach their full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Nobody respects a fully grown 24 year old beating up on teenagers. That's why everybody is against pros fighting in the Olympics.
                    Are you seriously going to tell me that people in boxing don't respect Rigondeaux's amateur achievements?

Comment

Working...
                    X