Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Had the Greater Career? Pacquiao or Chavez, Sr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Chavez is overrated

Pacquaio is a legit top 20 all time great

both were media darlings in an era that WANTED them or were PULLING for them to be the class of the era, when in fact the media had a lot to do with their perception as fighters. Neither were the best of their era or all time for that matter(their were rumblings of both being anywhere from 1-10 all time at the height of their fame)....Whitaker and Floyd weren't as beloved but were clearly better fighters.

Pac didnt need loses deleted from his early record, nor did ever get a flat out gift like Chavez vs Whitaker....Pacquaio clearly was neck and neck with JMM whereas Chavez got clearly beaten.

Pacquaio has the edge in almost all statistics except title defenses. head to head Manny would have stopped JCC.....thin skin and manny ****s faces up
    Pretty much agree with all of this. Chavez was overrated imo.

Comment

Surprising myself but now I think about it even though I hear you if you say Chavez was better peak for peak, I say Pac's career is greater.

Comment

Pacquiao by a decent margin.

Comment

Voted for Manny.

Comment

most definitely pacquiao. his achievements in the sport of boxing poops all over chavez's. pacquiao's achievments poops over a lot of hall of famers.

pacquiao:

- 8 weight world champion (never done before)
            - 5 weight lineal champ (never done before)
            - 3 time Ring & BWAA fighter of the year
            - 2000-2009 BWAA & Ring fighter of the decade
            - global icon and a hero to his peoples

chavez sr.:

- first mexican 3 weight world champion
            - 1 weight lineal champion
            - a hero to his peoples

even in retirement manny's career poops all over chavez sr. manny is now a senator in his country and icon. chavez sr. is a boxing commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              most definitely pacquiao. his achievements in the sport of boxing poops all over chavez's. pacquiao's achievments poops over a lot of hall of famers.

pacquiao:

- 8 weight world champion (never done before)
              - 5 weight lineal champ (never done before)
              - 3 time Ring & BWAA fighter of the year
              - 2000-2009 BWAA & Ring fighter of the decade
              - global icon and a hero to his peoples

chavez sr.:

- first mexican 3 weight world champion
              - 1 weight lineal champion
              - a hero to his peoples

even in retirement manny's career poops all over chavez sr. manny is now a senator in his country and icon. chavez sr. is a boxing commentator.
              am i missing something...when did Manny win five lineal titles? After he lost to Mayweather he had no claim to the title. He and Bradley were not the two top welterweights and both were coming off recent losses.

Many people had Brook, Thurman, or Porter at the 1 or 2 spot...bradley and pac as well were 1 or 2 but neither were unaimously 1 and 2 because the divison is and was wide open.

Comment

How exactly is Pacquiao an 8-division champion?

Going over his record, I saw that he won the WBC Flyweight Title, the IBF/WBO Super Bantamweight Title, the WBC Super Featherweight Title, WBC Lightweight Title, the WBO Welterweight Title and the WBC Super Welterweight Title. That's 6 divisions- not 8.

I don't count the IBO Super Lightweight Title and while he did face Marquez for the IBF/WBA Featherweight Titles, he didn't win them.

So where does 8 divisions come from?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post

Going over his record, I saw that he won the WBC Flyweight Title, the IBF/WBO Super Bantamweight Title, the WBC Super Featherweight Title, WBC Lightweight Title, the WBO Welterweight Title and the WBC Super Welterweight Title. That's 6 divisions- not 8.

I don't count the IBO Super Lightweight Title and while he did face Marquez for the IBF/WBA Featherweight Titles, he didn't win them.

Lineal Title is a World Title.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    am i missing something...when did Manny win five lineal titles? After he lost to Mayweather he had no claim to the title. He and Bradley were not the two top welterweights and both were coming off recent losses.

Many people had Brook, Thurman, or Porter at the 1 or 2 spot...bradley and pac as well were 1 or 2 but neither were unaimously 1 and 2 because the divison is and was wide open.
                    manny was #1 and bradley #2 when they fought for the 3rd time according to TBRB. TBRB is the far more respected ranking system in boxing. ring is absolutely biased (just ONE person doing the ranking). espn is just according to one person also (dan rafael). TBRB has a group of writers, etc.

so TBRB is the truth. manny 5 weight lineal champion.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post

this shows a lot of ignorance. lineal/ring belts count. hatton was the ring/lineal champ at 140 same with barrera at featherweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X