Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Marciano: Who was Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
    Well lets see, being that he turned pro in 1996, a decade after 15 round fights ended... he fought in zero 15 round fights, as expected.

This proves what exactly?
    God dam you are a ****en genius and you can count!

You are the one trying to give us a history lesson trying to compare Froid with Marciano!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Poll won't matter, Floyd is the greater of the two in any credible boxing publication
      Typical fraud jr fan response, lose and they cry and make excuses.

Be a man.

Marciano>>>>> Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Best post of the thread. Green K coming when I can drop more.

These facts are only telling if we ignore context.

Marciano had less lineal fights, but he also retired earlier and he wasn't ducking anyone.

So why is that a knock on him? It's not as simple as one person having more successful defenses than the other, especially if both fighters never lost.

And again, as it has already been said, Floyd was a name before he even became pro, Marciano started late.

Why is that important? Because if you enter the pros with hype, you will be thrown in with better names, have earlier access to title fights, and your record will be overall more impressive than someone who may take much longer to work their way up into lucrative fights - and I am not talking about people who take longer to work their way up due to loses or lack of skill or will - just people who don't have that shot until later.

Look at guys like Lomachenko, and Zou Shiming. Look at the fights they are having so early on. Look at Rigo. The man fought and schooled Donaire when in his career?

Then look at guys like Canelo or GGG. These guys went through many opponents, many of them cans, but that's not their fault that it took so long to get the names and title opportunities. That can't be ignored. If you want to be objective about things, you have to take that into consideration.

How does it make sense to give the guy with more experience, clout, and preparation more credit than the guy with less of a start? I don't get that at all.

For example: I would never rate Manny over Floyd, never will, never could. In no way shape or form is Manny better at anything than Floyd when it comes to boxing. Never was, never will be. But, if you ask me who dealt with more adversity, who overcame greater odds, the answer is Manny. The guy came from extreme poverty, had the ring IQ of a rock, and is a one dimensional puncher. to be that limited, and to make it that far, you can't ignore that.

And no one sane or unbiased would argue otherwise. Very few people, I am willing to bet less than 10 in the history of mankind, have gone from utter poverty to millionaires. It's a long shot. Maybe there are several hundred, maybe even more, but they are probably not world icons either.

There are great stories of success out there, but very few came from that extreme a level of poverty.

Uh, no one, certainly no one credible had Manny ranked at 1, 2, or 3, not even in his own division when he fought Floyd.

When was the last time Manny was even a lock at #2? Heck I never rated Manny above Floyd, not even when Floyd first retired.

Manny was severely overrated , even in 2009.

That's why I was so confident I would make bank that fight. No one who knew boxing expected Manny to win.

And why do you bring up age here? Age isn't telling of anything. Fighters age differently and for different reasons. Look at the disparity between B-Hop and ODLH for example.
        Destroyed Larry's argument.

Marciano> Mayweather.

Comment

• Archie Moore-39
          Walcott-38,39
          Joe Louis-37

KEEP IN MIND MARCIANO RETIRED AT THE AGE OF 32

These are his best wins and yet Floyd is slammed for his wins over

Mosley-38
          Manny-36(while floyd was 38)
          HOW CAN YOU EVEN SPIN THIS?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Poll won't matter, Floyd is the greater of the two in any credible boxing publication
            Any credible boxing publication that ignores the blatant fact that Floyd has done the following
            • Use PEDS
            • Cherry pick opponents
            • Pick unfair stipulations
            • Monopolize USADA to allow himself to use PEDs
            • Didn't fight his opponent when he should have

Yes indeed any "credible" boxing publication will ignore all those FACTS and just say you know what it doesn't matter that Floyd took the easy route and therefore we should ignore everything which Marciano achieved which was blatantly more impressive than Floyds moving up a couple of lbs a time, who gives a **** about being a multiple weight champion it means absolutely NOTHING!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Archie Moore-39
              Walcott-38,39
              Joe Louis-37

Mosley-38
              BOXING YEARS ARE RELATIVE DUDE, Pac had been in wars his whole life and was KTFO right before facing Floyd, Joe Louis only had one KO loss 20 years ago and was still a top 3 heavy when Marciano beat him.

Oscar lost 2 of his last 4, was shot and was also just KTFO before Floyd fought him and Floyd got a gift split decision.

ROCKY MARCIANO BEAT LEGENDS LIKE ARCHIE MOORE, JOE LOUIS, AND LEFT NO DOUBT, FLOYD CHEATED WITH IVs, CWs, ROBBERIES, and DUCKED HIS CHALLENGES FOR YEARS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                How come these floyd fans refer to belts when its convenient, "floyd fought a bazillion champions", but say belts don't matter when it comes to other fighters?
                Because Froid Jr fans are the biggest hypocrites in boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  Archie Moore-39
                  Walcott-38,39
                  Joe Louis-37

Mosley-38
                  6 year wait to make Manny Pacquiao happen
                  38 year old Mosley who was obviously past his best
                  Oscar Dela Hoya coming off his worst run of form in his entire career losing to Hopkins and getting a massive gift against Felix Sturm
                  Puts up a poll between Khan and Maidana, Khan wins the poll but fights Maidana instead
                  Last fight against Andre Berto a guy who is shot to pieces
                  Weight drained Canelo Alvarez

Yeah If you want to pick things apart it's blatantly obvious who is the one cherry picking opponents and stipulations...
                  Bbbbut bbbbut bbbut I fight for my fans doe... smh you Floyd groupies are some of the most brainwashed ISIS ain't got nothing on you lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    6 year wait to make Manny Pacquiao happen
                    38 year old Mosley who was obviously past his best
                    Oscar Dela Hoya coming off his worst run of form in his entire career losing to Hopkins and getting a massive gift against Felix Sturm
                    Puts up a poll between Khan and Maidana, Khan wins the poll but fights Maidana instead
                    Last fight against Andre Berto a guy who is shot to pieces
                    Weight drained Canelo Alvarez

Yeah If you want to pick things apart it's blatantly obvious who is the one cherry picking opponents and stipulations...
                    Bbbbut bbbbut bbbut I fight for my fans doe... smh you Floyd groupies are some of the most brainwashed ISIS ain't got nothing on you lot.
                    Destroyed Larry again with facts bro. Man these Fraud Jr fans have no shame.

How can they even compare a cheating cherry picking catchweight fraud with a legendary heavyweight like Marciano?

Comment

• Marciano went out by beating Archie Moore.

Froid went out beating Andre Berto and now Connor Mcgregor.

How can you even compare this?

Comment

Working...
                      X