Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Marciano: Who was Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Floyd didn't do jack**** vs Oscar man, he got outhustled, bullied, and busted up. Man most people who say Floyd beat Oscar probably didn't even watch the fight. He was lucky to get that split decision.

Marciano never left anything to doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      How are you comparing Marciano-Louis to Mayweather-Pacquiao?? Floyd is older then Manny and Marciano was over 10 years younger then Joe..How do ya'll come up with this stuff?
      Joe Louis at the time was still ranked as the 3rd best Heavyweight in the world behind Ezzard Charles. Sure it wasn't prime Louis, but it was still a better win for Marciano than ANYTHING Floyd has on his resume.

Age is relative in boxing, Floyd was young in boxing years due to all his cherry-picking, running, and fake retirements.

Marciano was also only a 6 to 5 favorite vs Louis, Floyd was a 3 to 1 favorite vs Manny. Louis had never been KTFO like Manny had been.

Do your research brah!

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      Where is your time machine?

Of course! It absolutely could not get better than this!

How many 15 rounders did Froid fight?

Marciano fought 7 and only 1 went the distance!
      Great post, that sadiq kid's just talking out of his ass.

Floyd cheapshotting Ortiz was truly disgraceful. Rocky and Robinson must be rolling in their graves watching this BS!
      Last edited by Avenge Myself; 05-30-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenge Myself View Post
        Hearns would have knocked Floyd's brains into the 3rd row, Whitaker would have made him look like he was chuvalo, and Floyd blatantly ducked Margarito and Williams, you're obviously a Floyd worshipping fanboy.

Oscar also lost 2 of his last 4 and was KTFO prior to facing Floyd, Manny was 6 years past prime, had one arm, and lost 2 of his last 5, and Floyd still had to take banned IVs LMFAO!!!!!

No way to spin this buddy, Rocky's resume is much better than Fraud's resume, and Rocky never ducked anyone unlike Fraud!
        Okay with everything you just mentioned still has a better resume than Marciano, and no i don't like floyd he's kind of an asswhole i'm just stating my unbias opinion

Comment

• Rock fought in the harder division, he fought entertaining his entire way through his career and he didn't cherry pick opponents of stipulations like Floyd Mayweather did.

Blatantly obvious Rock has the better resume and career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
            Floyd could beat almost everybody from 130-147, Marciano would lost to Sonny Liston, Muhammed Ali, Joe Fraizer, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Wladimr & Vitali, and probably to Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz, and David Hayee
            I think Duran, Sugar Ray (Leonard and Robinson) and Julio Cesar Chaves all beat Floyd in their prime but again we can debate this forever you are reaching a bit with Ortiz and Haye though

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              There is literally no question at all that Floyd Mayweather is greater than Rocky Marciano. That was true well before 49-0 as well.
              Better skilled but Rocky has the better resume by far, you can't expect to be held up at the very top and respected highly by cherry picking stipulations, cherry picking opponents and using steroids to boost your performance.

Absolute no doubt in my mind all true boxing advocates will have more respect for Rocky who not only fought in a harder era but went through 49 heavyweight fights without losing once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                P4P was invented to compare smaller fighters with bigger ones and give them their credit.
                I can understand his argument a bit. The giants (Wilder/Joshua/Klitschko/Fury) rule the heavyweight division. They are just huge and then can fight a bit. But if they were the same size as Ward, Floyd, GGG you can imagine they'd have their arses ripped out. Heavyweights should not really factor into the P4P imo, apart from freaks like Mike Tyson or Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Floyd could beat almost everybody from 130-147, Marciano would lost to Sonny Liston, Muhammed Ali, Joe Fraizer, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Wladimr & Vitali, and probably to Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz, and David Hayee
                  Yes he could beat anyone he wanted to If they all agree to take the test that allows Floyd to use PED's and for his opponent to be natural, he could also beat them if he dictates their gloves, footwear and so on and he could definitely also win If he determines when they fight i.e. coming off a loss or bad run of form.

You all gonna pretend Floyd isn't an opportunist?

Floyd isn't a boxer who wants to test himself its the only reason he made the Pac fight "simmer' for 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Rock fought in the harder division, he fought entertaining his entire way through his career and he didn't cherry pick opponents of stipulations like Floyd Mayweather did.

Blatantly obvious Rock has the better resume and career.
                    Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Better skilled but Rocky has the better resume by far, you can't expect to be held up at the very top and respected highly by cherry picking stipulations, cherry picking opponents and using steroids to boost your performance.

Absolute no doubt in my mind all true boxing advocates will have more respect for Rocky who not only fought in a harder era but went through 49 heavyweight fights without losing once.
                    Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Yes he could beat anyone he wanted to If they all agree to take the test that allows Floyd to use PED's and for his opponent to be natural, he could also beat them if he dictates their gloves, footwear and so on and he could definitely also win If he determines when they fight i.e. coming off a loss or bad run of form.

You all gonna pretend Floyd isn't an opportunist?

Floyd isn't a boxer who wants to test himself its the only reason he made the Pac fight "simmer' for 6 years.
                    Beautifully put!!!

Marciano >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayfeather!!!!!!!

Comment

• How can this even be doubted? Marciano was good, but Mayweather had so many wins that were better than any win on Marciano's resume. What does an old Louis mean compared to wins like Pacquiao and Corrales?

Comment

Working...
                      X