why aren't industry articles titling, "Lara Wants Golovkin At 160" - Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    What excuses have a I made?

You just said it yourself. Canelo ducked GGG. I know, it hurts.
    For Golovkin ducking Ward. I know it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's pretty obvious if you spend enough time on the internet following boxing that some of black fans in boxing fear golovkin. it's fear. they're afraid, and they project that fear in the form of all of these ridiculous biases you see.

no different from whites who hated floyd mayweather for no damn reason other than he was black and good.
      ... no, man: a 'normal' boxing fan may dislike a fighter for something he did terribly wrong in his career -- not because he is black or white.

For instance: I truly liked FMJr up to that terrible "gloves situation", for instance... (and still maintain that he won that Castillo I)...

Comment

it's pretty obvious if you spend enough time on the internet following boxing that some of black fans in boxing fear golovkin. it's fear. they're afraid, and they project that fear in the form of all of these ridiculous biases you see.

no different from whites who hated floyd mayweather for no damn reason other than he was black and good.
        Floyd fought in 5 divisions and is called a coward. Golovkin isn't man enough to fight in 2.

Ricky Burns became a 3 division champ yesterday. But asking Golovkin to move up is racist?

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          For Golovkin ducking Ward. I know it hurts.
          Canelo didn't dare to be great with another champion in his own division.

You can only call on Ward

He will be back to 168 soon after Kovalev dispatches him. Then Golovkin can fight him

Comment

wasn't talking about lara / shields. was responding to another poster, not the TS.
            I don't understand how many casuals overlook one weight class variance, or rather in Lara's case, the #1 154 respected Cuban school fighter not justifiable for Golovkin at 160, but somehow a Monroe Jr. (because the boxeno narrative was justifiable) or the secondary inactive mandatory challenger, Wade, is more ideal than Lara because they are at 160? As if Monroe Jr or a Wade have a bigger fan base?

the irrational excuses get old.

Comment

Floyd fought in 5 divisions and is called a coward. Golovkin isn't man enough to fight in 2.

Ricky Burns became a 3 division champ yesterday. But asking Golovkin to move up is racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Canelo didn't dare to be great with another champion in his own division.

You can only call on Ward

He will be back to 168 soon after Kovalev dispatches him. Then Golovkin can fight him
                And Golovkin isn't man enough to fight Lara. Ward clowns Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  So you don't want to see the two best in these division's fight? Did you not watch Ward Vs Dawson?
                  ward vs dawson was terrible wasn't it? mainly because dawson was a zombie but still terrible. at least that wont happen in lara vs ggg then again i dont see it as an interesting fight. the guy just went life and death with vanes. he's not some dominant #1 or even clear #1 now with the charlos, williams and andrade back. id rather see those fights just like i'd rather see ggg fight the best mw's.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... no, man: a 'normal' boxing fan may dislike a fighter for something he did terribly wrong in his career -- not because he is black or white.

For instance: I truly liked FMJr up to that terrible "gloves situation", for instance... (and still maintain that he won that Castillo I)...

just watched what's basically a race riot in bowe - golota and will disagree and say that nationalism, race, identity in general have always been and will remain a huge part of boxing.

i'm not saying that everybody in boxing feels this way, only that it's very obvious that an element of this still exists.

that you [assuming you're white,] liked floyd mayweather unitl he did something you didn't like doesn't mean that there isn't a significant portion of the boxing fanbase that favors fighters based on race or nationalism. i'm also not saying that the majority of fans in boxing favor fighters based on race or nationalism. i'm saying that there is an element of racial or national bias in boxing. it sells. it's promoted indirectly.

it's not neccessarily an inherently bad thing that mexican fans buy mexican fights on cinco de mayo.

saying that you liked a black fighter once doesn't mean we've progressed into an era where racial, ethnic, or national iden****** don't matter

Comment

And Golovkin isn't man enough to fight Lara. Ward clowns Kovalev.
                      Golovkin will KO Lara and I like Lara.

Sergey stops Ward late.

Damn the white man

Comment

Working...
                      X