Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Vargas Will Need KO or Beat Brook's Ass To Win in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    We see bad judging and poor reffing almost every week in America, but it's other countries that get a bad rep.
    Agreed, I dont understand how American fans think the judging in the UK is bad when they consistently have terrible decisions and flat-out robberies.

Comment

Judges and refs in the UK are pretty bad. The stoppages are the worst in the planet, a fighter who falls from a slip is at risk of being called TKO'd.

Most UK commentators don't count body punching.

How could anyone have Amir Khan 5 to 0 againt Canelo.
      Khan clearly took the first 2, round 3 is a toss up (close rounds should be given to the champion) and in rounds 4 and 5, khan landed NOTHING significant and Canelo's body punching took it.

Jorge Linares vs kevin Mitchell, 2 judges had Mitchell ahead.

I am in now way criticizing UK boxers / UK boxing (school/trainers), I believe UK boxing is doing great and the fighters are great fighters, but the judging and ref'ng is very biased.

Top 5 worst countries (places) in terms of judging.

1. Germany
      2. UK/England
      3. Argentina
      4. Puerto Rico
      5. Thailand

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Spence should face Bradley or Chaves would be good for him.

I think Vargas takes out the camping Englishmen.

All welters are lucky Peak Marcos Maidana retired after 2 Floyd fights. He would've had welter on lock with the way his improvement as a fighter was peaked at.
        Spence should fight in the IBF eliminator without a real mandatory right now Kell Brook don't have to give him a shot next so he better go become the real mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          What about Lee selby's last fight and how much the ref intervened/ interfered in Selby's favor. I agree with Spence here. I don't think Vargas could get a decision unless he blows brook out. If the fight is remotely close the W will go to brook.
          British referees are bad, but the judges are usually fair.

A nightmare scenario would be a British referee, and American judges. Look at the Burns/Beltran judges for christ sake, the American scored it for Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
            The UK isn't even that bad for judging. Why is Spence getting all caught in that BS about it. Yeah the scoring can be off but most of the times the right person gets the nod.

It wasn't even that long ago that Anthony Crolla was robbed in his hometown but Spence thinks the UK is just out to rob the away fighters.

Also Vargas/Spence need to stop worrying because the judges will not be even needed because Brook will most likely TKO Vargas.
            Tthe guy in your profile pic definitely got a gift at home versus Dirrell. And I remember Ricky Burns getting one over Beltran. There may be more but these two were egregious

Comment

Nobody gonna say Ponamorev ducked? I mean that is what counts as a duck here right, avoiding a title eliminator because you don't wanna see Spence.

Comment

British refs can be too eager to stop a fight. Probably due to past occurrences.

The judging is no worse than other places though. There are absolutely baffling scorecards turned in on American soil regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Not only do you have to worry about those ugly snagged tooth beta males in UK but Eddie Hearn is as corrupt as they come! there was even a murder committed at a recent weigh-in no doubt it was a hit by the gypsies that associate with Billy Joe and Tyson Fury.
                  Lol you are a ******. That was in Ireland not England.

Comment

makes alot of sense what spence is saying. but i actually think vargas has a better chance than most people do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Not only do you have to worry about those ugly snagged tooth beta males in UK but Eddie Hearn is as corrupt as they come! there was even a murder committed at a recent weigh-in no doubt it was a hit by the gypsies that associate with Billy Joe and Tyson Fury.
                      Yo momma did that hit for Eddie after Eddie hit yo momma's pussy.

Doe

Comment

Working...
                      X