Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gerald Washington: Deontay Wilder Title Fight is 'Very Possible'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can still remember the times when a voluntary defence meant the champion could choose anyone in the top 10, not top 15 lol. What is going on with pro boxing ....

Comment

What else is new? What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        I can still remember the times when a voluntary defence meant the champion could choose anyone in the top 10, not top 15 lol. What is going on with pro boxing ....
        Remember it well....Rosi, 154 made a IBF defense against someone I had a amateur win against, (title bout was in 1990) &.....my ex opp I am pretty certain never rated higher than 12TH. So.....that might be a *sometimes rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          When is this Wilder of fighting non top 10 fighters going to stop He should be forced to fight the number 2 guy or at least David Haye Luis Ortiz
          #2 is Steverne, and that's already been settled

Comment

BIGPOPPAPUMP, Question:

Are you the writer, JAKE DONOVAN [Spelling name from memory; "nice mileage that guy has!"]??

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
              Are you the writer, JAKE DONOVAN [Spelling name from memory; "nice mileage that guy has!"]??
              No. Jake's User id is JakeNDaBox

Comment

My TOP-7 names that matter at HVY.-wt. right now: (no order given) WILDER FURY JOSHUA POVETKIN KLITSCHKO (yet the PLAYER), HAYE, PARKER (newest entry. "Great, great roll model." I have "big pride" in this fighter!).
                Luis Ortiz, to me, YET is in the SHADOWS!
                LUCAS BROWNE, I give it to as the nearest boxer to this LIST, (but, he's OUTSIDE).
                Of course, everyone wants to come up. How do the posters here compare Gerald Washington to Dominic the next foe schduled against Joshua??
                I don't know a whole lot about either boxer. But, looking at Dominic I see it nearly the same way pre I was looking at Ward V. Sullivan of recent. It was "scarry". Dominic is -serious business--/now....GERALD WASHINGTON, what I do know of him he has a "good profile".
                I have followed this Sport since I was 10 and I'm about to be 60 now. I read and read and read boxing and fight results ("pure fight results", know well what a name means).
                Wilder is a new star and people are forgetting how he IS NOT exactly tested as cream. We don't quite know yet what Wilder gonna show us.
                I'm interested to know more about Washington AND..it is No Phase/how I see it....one poster here calling this Story a -false story-//I don't see it like that. Gerald Washington, Andy Ruiz them two probably moving head-to-head about now. Someone could turn around and do same article about Andy Ruiz and his team and their efforts.
                Has that poster who faults the Story ever himself done a boxing coverage report?? Lot of effort goes into that! I welcome story like this. Nothing "personal"....(impossible) but I don't understand the sour response.
                If other boxers are committed ("or 'remote'l), LIKE THEY SAY [like Iran Barley SAYS!] "timing is everything...." being in the right place at the right time.
                I'm LOOKING AT GERALD WASHINGTON the next minute & now. Anyone like compare notes on his record..come-with it!
                Guy could be the next HVY.-wt. champion.
                A % of folk commenting here are only "falling in line" behind the concesous.
                If Gerald Washington doesn't have it, time gonna tell. But, rating of 15 and rating of 8 Or 5....don't always mean H2H will come down that way. Sometimes it does..certainly. But....history has shown again and again that upsets are often written in the STARS ABOVE!
                : )
                [true HVY.-wt. division FAN here......]
                Last edited by GodOfBoxing; 05-26-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Gerald Washington is the lowest ranked opponent available for Wilder to fight (ranked #15 by the WBC). Therefore, Gerald Washington will be Wilder's next opponent. After he beats Washington, Wilder will fight the Washington's replacement as the WBC #15 ranked heavyweight opponent.

Comment

Thank you k.t.,

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    No. Jake's User id is JakeNDaBox
                    I will mark that! Appreciate the information! Can I buy you a Pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      When is this Wilder of fighting non top 10 fighters going to stop He should be forced to fight the number 2 guy or at least David Haye Luis Ortiz
                      Haye and Ortiz already have fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X