Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do We Continue to Recognize the Lineal Championship When....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know The Ring belt and Lineal isn't synonymous anymore, but has The Ring ever said what they will do with the middleweight Ring Belt, now that Canelo dropped his WBC belt and refused to fight his Mandatory (#1 ranked fighter by The Ring)? Will they Adonis Stevenson Canelo or nah?

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      oooooowwwww...you're breaking my heart.....you do realize your opinion means nothing to me considering the idiot posts and threads you have. I will happily bump a few to remind you.

you are talking about colors of words when the content of your words and posts are mostly illogical, biased, fan boy dribble
      please do, I never make threads. And you're the biggest cry baby on this site and far from logical. Tell me again how Floyd is a tiny welterweight because he only weighed 6 pounds at birth.

Comment

• I don't think you understand what a lineal championship title is. Lineal title tracks the lineage and history of the original middleweight, heavyweight champions since pretty much the 1st recognized championship existed for heavyweight middleweight, welterweight etc. Cotto won the lineal title from Sergio Martinez, canelo from cotto. This title has nothing to do with rankings it tracks the history of the title holders. Even UFC has lineal titles, current lineal heavyweight champ is stipe miocic in UFC. Also you are forgetting middleweight title can be defended at 155 no matter what anyone says. Only exception is if someone retires lineal champ then the belt goes to the top guy in that division. Roy Jones Jr never was lineal champ cause he never beat the man who beat the man. Or he lost to another high rank guy for the vacated titlein his division if someone retired at that time, as lineal champ. not sure which scenario applied to Roy Jones don't feel like looking it up. Canelo vacating wbc middleweight title has no affect with his lineal title. Since canelo still technically a middleweight and since he hasn't retired. I mean fedor was lineal champ and he was never in UFC, lineal heavyweight title went to UFC cause fedor lost to werdum then werdum lost to someone who signed to UFC.
        Last edited by bobmanll; 05-27-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          please do, I never make threads. And you're the biggest cry baby on this site and far from logical. Tell me again how Floyd is a tiny welterweight because he only weighed 6 pounds at birth.
          im a crybaby yet everytime someone says the name GGG or Pac you are ready to defend their honor like their husband.

GTFOH

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            1. There are no official rankings.
            2. There is no rule that says you have to defend your "title" against the #1 contender.
            3. There is no rule that says you have to defend your "title" against ANYONE in your division.
            4. There is no rule that says you even have to fight anyone, period
            5. No fighter, trainer, promoter or network cares about this "title"

Look at the situation at 160. The "lineal" champion has never fought a MW contender. A fight between the #1 vs. #2 fighter in the MW division has not taken place since Sergio Martinez defeated Kelly Pavlik in 2010.

Look at the situation at 175. The "lineal" champion hasn't even fought a guy in the top 5 since he became champion.

Roy Jones was the undisputed champion but never the "lineal" champion.

I know it has meaning from a historical perspective. But the system does not work anymore. Too much politics, not enough fights between 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's. It's time to let this go
            Bill Maher called into say: "New Rules!!!! There Are No Rules!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bobmanll View Post
              I don't think you understand what a lineal championship title is. Lineal title tracks the lineage and history of the original middleweight, heavyweight champions since pretty much the 1st recognized championship existed for heavyweight middleweight, welterweight etc. Cotto won the lineal title from Sergio Martinez, canelo from cotto. This title has nothing to do with rankings it tracks the history of the title holders. Even UFC has lineal titles, current lineal heavyweight champ is stipe miocic in UFC. Also you are forgetting middleweight title can be defended at 155 no matter what anyone says. Only exception is if someone retires lineal champ then the belt goes to the top guy in that division. Roy Jones Jr never was lineal champ cause he never beat the man who beat the man. Or he wasn't number one ranked in his division if someone retired at that time, as lineal champ. not sure which scenario applied to Roy Jones don't feel like looking it up. Canelo vacating wbc middleweight title has no affect with his lineal title. Since canelo still technically a middleweight and since he hasn't retired. I mean fedor was lineal champ and he was never in UFC, lineal heavyweight title went to UFC cause fedor lost to werdum then werdum lost to someone who signed to UFC.
              Canelo claims himself that he's not a Mw, doesnt wanna fight above 155, so how can he be The Mw champ? Lineal champs have some responsibilities just like any other champ.

Comment

Mosley hadnt won a fight at welterweight in years....other fighters were winning fights and losing so how the hell was mosley top five coming off a loss to mayweather and a draw to mora at 154, he hadnt fought at 147 in over a year up to fighting Pacquaio
                He was though, look up the Ring rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He was though, look up the Ring rankings.
                  ....and they have GGG ranked over more proven fighters P4P...with better records, comparable skills, more champions defeated, etc....sometimes you have to use your own common sense.

anyone with a brain knows a guy who hasnt fought in division in over a year and hasnt won a fight there in over 2 years isnt a top 5 fighter in the weight divison.

Ring ****zine has been on the ****ter since Collins left.

Comment

....and they have GGG ranked over more proven fighters P4P...with better records, comparable skills, more champions defeated, etc....sometimes you have to use your own common sense.

anyone with a brain knows a guy who hasnt fought in division in over a year and hasnt won a fight there in over 2 years isnt a top 5 fighter in the weight divison.

Ring ****zine has been on the ****ter since Collins left.
                    If GGG's skills arent' that good then why are the other MW's running from the unified MW champion? they should be going after his belts.

Hint: GGG is off the charts (Sergio Martinez's words)

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                      Honestly..and i mean honestly..no one said lineal didnt matter until GGG was not lineal.....before then ya'll are bragged on the Lineal title....and thats a fact
                      Some info on the term,"lineal championship".

http://boxing.wikia.com/wiki/Lineal_championship

If anyone bragged on the term, "lineal title" in the case of GGG, it was probably because divisional champions wouldn't fight him, due to him KOing all other comers. That said, how do you know that the OP & those who agree with him devalue the term, "lineal title" just because Golovkin has won a divisional belt?

Comment

Working...
                      X