No announcement yet.

Lara Trolling GGG on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    'Fight the best'... says the guy with a 23-2-2 record lol.
    Considering that Lara is ranked as the #1 super welterweight in the world by The Ring, ESPN, TBRB, BoxRec and virtually every other credible sources....yeah, he has a pretty good claim to be the best in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Wow 2 losses, and very VERY controversial ones at that, is the end for fighters these days. And then some of you cry about the importance of the "0"

anyway the "best" at 154 is daring to be great and wants to fight the "best" at 160 so yeah "best fighting the best" IMO
      Let's put the Williams fight into perspective. Sergio Martinez softened him up with a devastating KO in the 2nd round. Lara fought him 8 months later and went 12 rounds with a guy Sergio destroyed, and I'll give you that he probably should have been awarded the decision. But that wasn't the best Paul Williams...

He also went to a draw with a journeyman in Carlos Molina. A fight many thought he should have lost.

So we have him basically 'beating' shot fighters, journeymen(Austin Trout) and getting draws with journeymen(Carlos Molina).

Doesn't that make Lara a journeyman also?

Comment

Let's put the Williams fight into perspective. Sergio Martinez softened him up with a devastating KO in the 2nd round. Lara fought him 8 months later and went 12 rounds with a guy Sergio destroyed, and I'll give you that he probably should have been awarded the decision. But that wasn't the best Paul Williams...

He also went to a draw with a journeyman in Carlos Molina. A fight many thought he should have lost.

So we have him basically 'beating' shot fighters, journeymen(Austin Trout) and getting draws with journeymen(Carlos Molina).

Excuses excuses . Try watching the sport son. Its a great sport to watch.

And while you are at it now list these great elites that GGG beat in preserving his 0

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          Considering that Lara is ranked as the #1 super welterweight in the world by The Ring, ESPN, TBRB, BoxRec and virtually every other credible sources....yeah, he has a pretty good claim to be the best in his division.
          He's no.1 by default. Andrade derailed his career and has been inactive. Canelo left the division. He's no.1 because of what? Because he beat Vanes and Trout? Andrade beat Vanes way easier than Lara did. Trout has about 3 L's on his record now and seems to be living off that Cotto victory.

Lara's worth will be examined when he faces other top fighters in his weight class. Like Andrade, Charlo's, J-Rock etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
            you guys know my opinion on Lara Vs. GGG, i don't think it is a competitive fight but many seem to call for it... so whatever make it happen.

This is funny though. GGG tweets about a tourney that WBC suggested... Lara says that he is cherry picking and should fight the best rather then a hand picked tournament... lol how can GGG hand pick a winner of a tournament that's just too funny. Anyways hope the Lara fight happens so that this annoyance goes away.

GGG gonna take him up on his offer....I hope he doesn't try to back out once an offer is on the table.

Comment

Why is his record funny?

Comment

If Trout is a journeyman the GGG is fighting garbage men

Comment

Lara is still undefeated on my scorecard. He scored his fights with Molina and Canelo draws, but he's beaten everybody else.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the idea of a mw tournament but that **** will take time. If Jacobs and Saunders decline to fight as they have indicated up to this point, Lara is a good next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      We'll see. Monroe won a tournament on ESPN and it gave him exposure and he landed the GGG fight but people gave Golovkin 0 credit for that W.
                      True, but as far as i know that tournament didn't have any high ranked fighters. I am simply referring to a tournament between top 10 ranked fighters or close to it.

Also can you imagine if GGG has to defend vs. every organizations mandatory every year... we will get too many unwanted fights... so a tourney would be good to determine one mandatory (if they decide to do that) each year.

Comment

Working...
                      X