No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Hits Back at Mayweather's Trash Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
    You think so? Imo i think people are confusing canelos skills/talent with his hype. I mean danm, Con was making him look foolish up until the ko. Ginger didnt throw enough jabs and like always following the opponent instead of cutting of the ring. No head or body movement. Only advantage i give canelo is speed and not by much
    I saw that too. Khan was working him those first few rounds and Canelo cant let Golovkin start working him like that. Obviously Golovkins speed isnt as fast as Amir, but he knows how to work the jab very well which can have the same effect. Some of those misses by Canelo could end his night against GGG. Alvarez isn't ready for Gennady.

Comment

I think what Loeffler is trying to say is that FMJ does not want the fight made because of the possibility that GGG will defeat Canelo in a much more definitive way that FMJ. It leads to the implication that FMJ does not want his rep hurt in any way...or, rather, he doesn't want ppl to even consider any reason to believe that he cherry-picked Canelo & helped raise an overrated boxer. FMJ doesn't want his legacy to take a hit, in a sense. That's totally believable, but otherwise a vain attempt to take a shot at the retired boxer. Of course, if FMJ makes a fight against against a boxer who has very little chance of beating him (like a McGregor Or a Danny Garcia), then Loeffler's criticism might take life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        He wasnt 2 division above GGG when he ducked him. He is now and that allows you all to rewrite history but he wasnt and im sure you know that
        I see the situation differently. Ward altogether blocked a GGG fight from happening as soon as he signed the 3-fight deal with HBO. He could have stayed at 168 & continued to rule there. And there were at least 3 named opponents he could have added to his resume in: Dirrell, Bute, then DeGale to possible unify all the belts. That's also something worth mentioning. Most boxing fans are in the belief that Ward can't make the 168 weight anymore...which is why he was forced to go up to 175. Thus, a boxing fan can make the case that Ward was already at 175 due to inactivity when he started calling GGG out...I mean, his 1st fight back from promotion/injury woes was at 172. That sounds like he was already on his way to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          Both Canelo and GGG are just media creations. Canelo ' s career has all been about fighting small boys from lower weights. GGG has also been fighting nobodies. There are many 154 lbs fighters Canelo could have fought but he's being protected. GGG clearly ducked Ward so really the so called big fight isn't even big.
          and Floyd never ducked anyone or fought fighters from lighter weight classes?

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
            I see the situation differently. Ward altogether blocked a GGG fight from happening as soon as he signed the 3-fight deal with HBO. He could have stayed at 168 & continued to rule there. And there were at least 3 named opponents he could have added to his resume in: Dirrell, Bute, then DeGale to possible unify all the belts. That's also something worth mentioning. Most boxing fans are in the belief that Ward can't make the 168 weight anymore...which is why he was forced to go up to 175. Thus, a boxing fan can make the case that Ward was already at 175 due to inactivity when he started calling GGG out...I mean, his 1st fight back from promotion/injury woes was at 172. That sounds like he was already on his way to 175.
            So what you saying is ward should of waited at 168 like lil g doing fighting a bunch of bums, oh excuse me they ranked doe..... Lil g wasting prime years fighting fruit vendors while waiting on a big fight to fall into his lap he should take a page from ward and move up fight somebody that will give the hype some credibility. Oh my bad he got Canelo fight happening in 2020 doe.....

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              He only has 1 ppv because he failed and is back fighting bums on regular HBO.
              I'm sure HBO would disagree with you since they are more than prepared to host a GGG fight on ppv whenever he gets an opponent who has a fanbase. And you saying it failed is your opinion...all the articles since that fight have said that it did enough to be successful. Your opinion vs what was said by the promoters & managers?...I'll take the latter

Comment

slappin soggy the malingering bible banger is not fit to carry Triple GGG's jockstrap im predicting kovelev will KO slappin soggy early if they ever fight the krusher wants him in oakland kovelev enjoys humiliating fighter's in there home town

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                  So what you saying is ward should of waited at 168 like lil g doing fighting a bunch of bums, oh excuse me they ranked doe..... Lil g wasting prime years fighting fruit vendors while waiting on a big fight to fall into his lap he should take a page from ward and move up fight somebody that will give the hype some credibility. Oh my bad he got Canelo fight happening in 2020 doe.....
                  YES!...yes he should have waited at 168 if he truly, verily, desperately wanted the GGG bout. Absolutely yes!...I mean, you can't convince me that the tune-ups he's fighting would make more money against these 3 legit 168 opponents: Anthony Dirrell, Lucian Bute, & James DeGale. That's a solid 3-fight contract that makes a ton more money than Ward's generated so far. People will actually buy those ppv's...especially for Bute & Degale since many in the boxing community felt that Ward ducked Bute (& to some degree, DeGale).

You know, I'd like to ask you who at 168 is going to all-of-a-sudden lend credibility to GGG's resume? I've only heard 2 super MW's say they'd fight GGG, Zurdo & DeGale...& even with DeGale, that's not a guarantee he can get that fight right away after moving up to 168...it would be like having to move up the rankings all over again. So, in essence, what you are asking, as a GGG critic, is for GGG to waste the prime of his years trying to move up the rankings to earn/force a bout against the top super MW's as well. Because, that's exactly what you'll be looking at if the top dawgs at 168 don't want to fight GGG. The situation at 168 is no better than it is at 168...in fact, worse since Ward left.

Oh, btw, it took all of Ward's career to finally move up to 168 (the division he started his amateur career with...that's right, he fought in the amateurs at 168). So, if you want GGG to take a page from Ward, then are you saying that he should wait til he's outgrown the 160 division before moving up?...because, that's what Ward did. If you're asking GGG to take a page from Ward's book, he probably will never leave the 160 division because he's a natural middleweight. Seriously. What's your beef?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I saw that too. Khan was working him those first few rounds and Canelo cant let Golovkin start working him like that. Obviously Golovkins speed isnt as fast as Amir, but he knows how to work the jab very well which can have the same effect. Some of those misses by Canelo could end his night against GGG. Alvarez isn't ready for Gennady.
                    Khan is still better than anyone GGG has fought.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                      slappin soggy the malingering bible banger is not fit to carry Triple GGG's jockstrap im predicting kovelev will KO slappin soggy early if they ever fight the krusher wants him in oakland kovelev enjoys humiliating fighter's in there home town
                      You should go bet your house on it. Make sure you put your computer up as well. Your a FOOL! That's a 50/50 fight. Ward hasn't lost since preschool. Wards is NOT that lil French Canadian poodle.

Comment

Working...
                      X