Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest, Canelo is not a Middleweight. He's not ducking Golovkin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the fighter that Canelo fought, re-hydrated 2 weight classes too. Lame excuse him about fighting WWs

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You got me, thought you were going to make a legit argument for him not fighting GGG
      If he had just dropped the 160 belt and fought 154. I wouldn't care.

But this mofo can't make 154 but won't fight 160.

Wtf?????

Too big for junior middleweight, too small for middleweight so he fights welterweight at a catchweight?

Pick a damn weight class, ginger.

Comment

I think that guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao make fighting close to your walk around weight look really easy. They made their WW era look like big for nothing losers, coming in at 3-4lbs above their Friday weight. No one really cared before May/Pac, since they saw the two most successful welters of this time were no bigger than 3-4 more lbs on fight, others fight night weights started looking exaggerated. It's more normal to gain 10-17lbs than it is to gain 3-5lbs

Martirosyan weighed 153 and gained 17lbs, was 170 in a JMW fight. No one even blinks, other than a few posts saying holy ****, but no real outrage, no threads, no journalist writing about it, no media attention. It's not news. He will probably stay at 154, no one will care. Lemiuex gained 15lbs vs Tapia who only gained like 5lbs, nobody really cared that Lemiuex was 175lbs on fn. Trout comes in 170 regularly and is a JMW, he came in at 171 vs Canelo, no one cares, it's Trout, it's Martirosyan, it's Lemiuex, they're not that 'important', in boxing politics terms

I think it only matters depending on your popularity, success. Canelo going up to 171-172, it's a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          I have no problem with him cutting 20 lbs.

Hell be as big as you want.

But if you're 175 lbs. don't feed me this crap about not being a middleweight.
          That's the truth!

Comment

What will make the duck look so bad in time is all the "I'll put the gloves on now" and "We don't fu*k around" talk. It was all so public and is so fucking cringeworthy now. One of the most embarrassing ducks I can remember for that reason alone.

Comment

He is short for a middleweight but his problem is that he's stocky but short. Has the girth of a middleweight but the height of a welter and power of a jr.middleweight. speed of a welter.

I wished he'd just took some fights at 160 against sub par competition to see how it goes and if he wasn't feeling then come out an say it.

But to do what he did, smh only way he gets his reputation back is by fighting GGG or show his juevos an do something GGG never did which is move up to 168 an maybe beat Degale or Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I think that guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao make fighting close to your walk around weight look really easy. They made their WW era look like big for nothing losers, coming in at 3-4lbs above their Friday weight. No one really cared before May/Pac, since they saw the two most successful welters of this time were no bigger than 3-4 more lbs on fight, others fight night weights started looking exaggerated. It's more normal to gain 10-17lbs than it is to gain 3-5lbs

Martirosyan weighed 153 and gained 17lbs, was 170 in a JMW fight. No one even blinks, other than a few posts saying holy ****, but no real outrage, no threads, no journalist writing about it, no media attention. It's not news. He will probably stay at 154, no one will care. Lemiuex gained 15lbs vs Tapia who only gained like 5lbs, nobody really cared that Lemiuex was 175lbs on fn. Trout comes in 170 regularly and is a JMW, he came in at 171 vs Canelo, no one cares, it's Trout, it's Martirosyan, it's Lemiuex, they're not that 'important', in boxing politics terms

I think it only matters depending on your popularity, success. Canelo going up to 171-172, it's a big deal
                Yes popularity matters, but it's not how much weight he gained, it's how he played the WBC and the division.

Got an extension to keep the MW belt fighting at 155...

Then vacated after beating a 147 lb fighter who is chinny.

He looked drained making 155 so 154 probably too hard for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Most guys gain 10-12 lbs overnight...not 18-20 lbs like Canelo. That's fking ridiculous...Canelo was bigger than every guy who fought last night..vanes was 170, he was the closest...
                  exactly this. canelo rehydrates 20 lbs from his 155 lb catchweight!!!!! ridiculous. canelo is easily a middleweight. EASILY. i even think canelo is actually in the low 180s on fight night. definitely his walk around weight is somewhere around 190.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    So true.

Fighters usually cut 10-20 lbs. at weigh in.

So if Canelo weighs 175 lbs. fight night what division is he in?
                    It works both ways buddy. Golovkin is a SMW then and Kovalev is a cruiserweight. Why did Golovkin duck Ward then? Why does Kovalev claim cruiserweights are too big for him?

Comment

He may be able to make 155 but one thing for sure the extra 5 pound on weigh-in day will not hurt him in the slightest , they are playing games here or they are really concerned about his power at full MW .

They probably thinking he is not a devastating puncher unlike his Khan fight suggests Canelo is not a pig puncher so they dont want him at full MW because his power gets less against bigger stronger men that what he has been fighting .

Canelo is a good fighter it wasnt good PR to pull out of this GGG fight they should have bit the bullet and took the fight .

Comment

Working...
                      X