Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mayweather held to such standards from certain posters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    It's a matter of preference
    Casuals like kos even if its no names(wade, Monroe, Adama, etc)

GGG has die hard fans who don't care who he fights. Say ward is too big yet want to see GGG vs Floyd

Top bad kids on this site won't admit it but their posts illustrate their biased n double standard.
    Im an old guy. Floyd fights too good, real slick. It's his crap talk that bothers me. But, I can't refute many of his claims.

Comment

Instead of saying that just acknowledge the double standard

Floyd was a ducker and chicken the last ten years yet ended his career beating 15 champs in a row, yet GGG is a monster, the best middleweight in the world, top 3 p4p with a thin resume.

Casuals are big on GGG, he gets kos and has an exciting style. Some casuals like ggg

cause they think he is white. Lol he is Asian

As long as GGG win they are satisfied yet Floyd has fought world class opposition in half his fights and you guys (not necessarily u) have an excuse or complaint)

They expected so much out of Floyd because they expected him to lose by now
      i acknowledge everything you said. i know how this place works. it just that larryxxx keeps contradicting himself and is very funny

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Im an old guy. Floyd fights too good, real slick. It's his crap talk that bothers me. But, I can't refute many of his claims.
        My idol as a kid was Ali and Roy Jones. Being one of the best and THE best is totally different. May weather is cut from their clothe. They talked **** n backed it up. I have nothing but respect for that.

A fighters outside personality and ring performance are separate

Fans are too emotionally invested now these days. Letting their heart cloud logic. I.e. discredit Floyd's every move yet big up fighters who haven't accomplished .33 of what he has.... Put it this way. Floyd the coward. The ducker was has defeated 8x the champions GGG has yet his resume gets picked apart yet they make excuses for GGG. Mike McCallum was avoided....by better fighters too...he moved up and had hall of fame career. McCallum actually pulled a anyone from 154-175 and won titles at 154, 160, 175 so GGG being ducked as an excuse to his thin resume isn't enough. His team turns down fights like everyone else.

Just because you don't "like" a fighter outside the ring doesn't mean you ignore his brilliance inside.

To be the best you have to believe It yourself first. He wasn't the first n won't be the last to say I'm the best or greatest.

Comment

My idol as a kid was Ali and Roy Jones. Being one of the best and THE best is totally different. May weather is cut from their clothe. They talked **** n backed it up. I have nothing but respect for that.

A fighters outside personality and ring performance are separate

Fans are too emotionally invested now these days. Letting their heart cloud logic. I.e. discredit Floyd's every move yet big up fighters who haven't accomplished .33 of what he has.... Put it this way. Floyd the coward. The ducker was has defeated 8x the champions GGG has yet his resume gets picked apart yet they make excuses for GGG. Mike McCallum was avoided....by better fighters too...he moved up and had hall of fame career. McCallum actually pulled a anyone from 154-175 and won titles at 154, 160, 175 so GGG being ducked as an excuse to his thin resume isn't enough. His team turns down fights like everyone else.

Just because you don't "like" a fighter outside the ring doesn't mean you ignore his brilliance inside.

To be the best you have to believe It yourself first. He wasn't the first n won't be the last to say I'm the best or greatest.

Great points. Can't refute them. Won't even try. He is that good.
          He is that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            i acknowledge everything you said. i know how this place works. it just that larryxxx keeps contradicting himself and is very funny
            He is funny but its no mistake that the usual suspects who pump up GGG and treash Mayweather have steered clear of this site. GGG hasnt accomplished 1/4 of what Mayweather has and may not put together a resume good enough to make the hall. Look at who this guy fights. Geale and Murray are not the type of opponents that should get you top 3 p4p status and if it was anyone else beating the same competition they'd get criticism with all the hype.

its a clear double standard. Especially by casuals who pose as boxing fans. LOL the only fighters they know are GGG, Mayweather and Pacquaio. They trash Ward because they are too confident he would have beat him in the first place. want GGG to fight Mayweather but "ward 2 classes higher doe".

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I have noticed Golovkin fans tend to put a lot of stock in the belts and also the ring rankings when talking about Golovkin's opponents.

Rankings and belts do always seem to hold weight except when it comes to Mayweather.

P4P rankings
              Divisional rankings
              Title belts
              Lineal titles

All get talked about when talking about other opponents but Floyd is the guy with the best statistics in all those areas.
              thats why they "insert excuse" after each opponent and win. Too small, too old, too big, too small, too slow, shoulder injury, weight drained, tooth ache, etc.

they know he has the best resume of the era so they trash it so they dont have to acknowledge it'

its childish and its clear who they are.

Mayweather had a better resume than GGG by his 6th year as a pro and 25 fights in.

Mike McCallum was avoided to

Comment

Gennady's forever career was elevated to WBA and WBC from vacant belts...

for those of you that don't know, when future generations watch Lil'Gs fights on youtube yearsss down the line, they'll research his opponents and only come to one conclusion..."who were they...perhaps it was Golovkin's mgmt. and a boxing network not providing other fighters proper pays to get in the ring..?"

Comment

Floyd cherry picked stipulations, he dropped his belt to avoid Manny Pacquiao he was only willing to fight someone on every single one of his terms being meet that and he was a blatant PED abuser who has likely been at it for the past 7-8years.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                      Floyd cherry picked stipulations, he dropped his belt to avoid Manny Pacquiao he was only willing to fight someone on every single one of his terms being meet that and he was a blatant PED abuser who has likely been at it for the past 7-8years.
                      lol Mayweather had a better resume than GGG 5 years into his career with 27 fights. so he was clean then right. lol you said the last 8 years.

Lineal champion. Wins over Corrales(stripped of ibf was supposed to be unification), jesus chavez, carlos hernandez, angel manfredy, Gregorio Vargas and Genaro Hernandez and REAL title defenses no elevations.

lol thats sad you hype someone who doesnt have a better resume than floyd when he was only 24-25 years old bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X