Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Trout is Just a Name To Me. He beat Cotto, So What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Well, then they should move up. Fight Golovkin
    Is that Canelo in your avi?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Well, then they should move up. Fight Golovkin, Canelo, Lemiuex, etc IF there's no competition for them at 154.

They won't, they get those fat checks fighting fringers, while calling more accomplished fighters "names."
      I think they will move up, eventually. But why now? One brother is just getting his first title shot. The other is defending a title for the 2nd time.

BY next year this time, I say at least one of them is at 160. Most likely Jermall.

Comment

Jermall will probably beat Trout tonight, but I'm not digging this dude. He hand picked Trout over J-Rock, and now he's ****ting on Trout?

Lets not forget he picked Wilky Campfort for his 1st title defense and that he won the title from K9 Bundrage after beating no one to deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Jermall will probably beat Trout tonight, but I'm not digging this dude. He hand picked Trout over J-Rock, and now he's ****ting on Trout?

Lets not forget he picked Wilky Campfort for his 1st title defense and that he won the title from K9 Bundrage after beating no one to deserve it.
          I like j rock but you can't say he handpicked when j rock is unproven himself. Both j rock and and charlo are relatively unknown so I would of went with the bigger name also if I was in his position.

Comment

One the Charlos said hes moving to 160 next fight

Comment

If you were Jermall, would you rather pick a fight with Trout or Julian Williams? Trout has faced and beat better competition. Or Williams? He made the right choice, Trout is a name (he's fought Cott, Canelo and Lara.) Or Williams, who's really fought no one? A win at this point vs. Williams does nothing for him. But Williams is now the mandatory, so the fight will happen eventually.

He probably gets a bigger purse vs. Trout too.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                I like j rock but you can't say he handpicked when j rock is unproven himself. Both j rock and and charlo are relatively unknown so I would of went with the bigger name also if I was in his position.
                The difference between J-Rock & Jermall is that J-Rock has tried to take the tough fights. He signed to fight Soro and tried to get Vanes. Jermall's looking for soft fights while turning down opponents that look like they'll give him problems. His selection of Wilky Campfort looked bad. Exact opposite of Jermell.

But I agree, J-Rock has had a soft resume, but listening to Edwards talk they constantly get turned down for fights in the last 2 years.

Comment

The difference between J-Rock & Jermall is that J-Rock has tried to take the tough fights. He signed to fight Soro and tried to get Vanes. Jermall's looking for soft fights while turning down opponents that look like they'll give him problems. His selection of Wilky Campfort looked bad. Exact opposite of Jermell.

But I agree, J-Rock has had a soft resume, but listening to Edwards talk they constantly get turned down for fights in the last 2 years.
                  The same thing could have been said about Jermall before he beat K-9. He waited his time until he was the mandatory and just beat soft opposition. Julian is now the mandatory, so the fight has to happen soon. I think next actually. This is Jermall's 2nd voluntary defense.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    The same thing could have been said about Jermall before he beat K-9. He waited his time until he was the mandatory and just beat soft opposition. Julian is now the mandatory, so the fight has to happen soon. I think next actually. This is Jermall's 2nd voluntary defense.
                    Yeah it's supposed to be next, Edwards mentioned August. But now you have Jermall saying he's going to 160 now. Just frustrating to watch it play out. Jermall had a way easy road to the title, picked the easiest title defenses he could, and now is splitting.

Comment

Yeah it's supposed to be next, Edwards mentioned August. But now you have Jermall saying he's going to 160 now. Just frustrating to watch it play out. Jermall had a way easy road to the title, picked the easiest title defenses he could, and now is splitting.
                      Assuming Jermall wins and does actually move up, than Julian Williams fights Takayuki Hosokawa for the vacant title. Easier than a K-9 fight.

But what if Jermall loses, does he still go up in weight? I can only see him moving up if he destroys Trout like he did K-9. If he loses or even has trouble, why move up?

Comment

Working...
                      X