Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence is fighting in July, Lamont Peterson is a possible opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errol Spence is fighting in July, Lamont Peterson is a possible opponent?

Heard it on bad culture tv on youtube, his russian mandatory has declined a fight with Spence and Errol Spence will probably go on and fight #6 IBF ranked Lamont Peterson. Winner is mandatory for Kell Brook. Thoughts?

Good fight, hope it happens

Comment

Not surprised the Russian kid passed. He's talented & tough, but could use some seasoning. And he's like 22, 23 so gots plenty of time.

I really like Spence vs Peterson. Excellent test for Spence to see whats up with him to a whole other level above Algieri. Peterson in July, maybe Sammy Vazquez near the end of the year & Brook early next year would be nice for Spence.

Comment

Billie Jo Saunders vs. Peter Quillin

Comment

I don't think it matter who at 147 gets gets throw in front of Spence Jr right now, that is a Train to Stardom that is in full motion right now

If Not Konstantin Ponomarev or Lamont Peterson then why not Diego Chaves which would be another great test for him

Comment

Good fight and a major step up for spence..

I thought he would target someone like jojo Dan or kevin bizar before getting a big name

Comment

I'm on board with it.

Comment

Peterson is a real tough fight for Spence. Spence would have to jump on him quick. Like in the first couple of rounds. Lamont can box but it takes him some rounds to find his groove. It's a winnable fight for both guys but I'm riding with Spence.

Comment

this is a good fight....how? peterson is from 140 and should have lost to felix diaz i think his name is. also if matthysse completey destroyed him what do you think is going to happen...this isn't slow-mo garcia or pillow puff khan.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                    Peterson is a real tough fight for Spence. Spence would have to jump on him quick. Like in the first couple of rounds. Lamont can box but it takes him some rounds to find his groove. It's a winnable fight for both guys but I'm riding with Spence.
                    barring a major knee injury to spence charles martin style during the fight how is it winnable for peterson? he isn't some great slick boxer and algeiri who is a much better mover couldn't keep spence off him. peterson did his best work in the trenches and at 140. bad combination against spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X