Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: $50 Mil Offer to McGregor ... But No Deal Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight is bullshlt and I hope all boxing fans boycott this PPV circus show.

Comment

Agree with what was said above. Plus, I have a feeling that the UFC wouldn't go for this because there is a perception that a Connor loss will hurt their brand. They don't need their top fighter losing to Mayweather. I can't see them allowing that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        It doesn't work because the UFC will never green light this fight to happen. Unless Conor discovered some sort of loophole, the UFC owns him.
        I think they got their price. They've let people do WWE **** previously. Granted thats fake, but there is always risk of injury or embarrassment with anything like that.

I don't think the UFC values names as much as boxing values names. And I mean if Conor gets KO'd hes supposed to get KO'd so does he really lose value for the UFC. If he goes to a decision or even has a 4th round Manny moment its a moral W. I just don't think the margins that would make this make sense, if it was serious which is still the biggest problem, are attainable. Floyd gonna want his cut, Conor gonna want his cut & the UFC gonna want there cut & they'd need a 175% of the pie to cut up to make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
          This fight is bullshlt and I hope all boxing fans boycott this PPV circus show.
          And all the skull and cross tight t shirt wearing mouth breather UFC fans too

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think they got their price. They've let people do WWE **** previously. Granted thats fake, but there is always risk of injury or embarrassment with anything like that.

I don't think the UFC values names as much as boxing values names. And I mean if Conor gets KO'd hes supposed to get KO'd so does he really lose value for the UFC. If he goes to a decision or even has a 4th round Manny moment its a moral W. I just don't think the margins that would make this make sense, if it was serious which is still the biggest problem, are attainable. Floyd gonna want his cut, Conor gonna want his cut & the UFC gonna want there cut & they'd need a 175% of the pie to cut up to make that happen.
            I don't think it's about name value. I think it's about how their pay structure works. If they allow Conor to fight Floyd for tens of millions of dollars, how's that going to look for their best fighters who only make a tiny fraction of that? Looks bad, real bad. They want to prevent having to pay their fighters more money and this would only worsen the situation in their POV.

Comment

these two guys are trying to hype their comeback figths with floyd vs garcia by using each other the two semi rival sporting en******.

could they fight? sure, ill believe it when i see the press conferences and announced date, fight weight, and venue.

will i pay for it?

hell no. will i watch? hell yes.

Comment

i hope it happens and all Floyd does is jab and carry Connor for 12 rounds..piss everyone off

Comment

I don't think it's about name value. I think it's about how their pay structure works. If they allow Conor to fight Floyd for tens of millions of dollars, how's that going to look for their best fighters who only make a tiny fraction of that? Looks bad, real bad. They want to prevent having to pay their fighters more money and this would only worsen the situation in their POV.
                  Conor Made around $8-9 million in his fight with Nate, he was guaranteed $1 million, the first time ever that the UFC has done that. Its only a matter of time before the UFC is going to have to increase salaries a few percentages but I see what your saying.

Comment

That happens already. Conor is making millions already while guys are making $40k/$40k on his PPV undercards. I'm sure WWE is paying 1-2M for Ronda or Chael or whatever UFC guys have effed with wrestling to fake hit people for 5 minutes or less. If you got appeal outside of the UFC you got appeal outside the UFC.

And the writing is on the wall already with fighter pay. It'll happen via a fighters union forming, a Muhammad Ali Act being made for MMA which is in discussion right now or via competition via Bellator, who are swiping UFC guys already (& maybe Rizin in the future as they are a player in the MMA market after just a couple events & the owner is the creator of Pride. So that situation will work itself out regardless of Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      i hope it happens and all Floyd does is jab and carry Connor for 12 rounds..piss everyone off
                      So basically do what he's done the last 10 years in every fight lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X