Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the obvious money issues? There's no money for Lara. If he accepts a Monroe or Wade type payday then it could happen but he never would.

Comment

Who doesn't want to see Lara get flattened if you're a Golovkin fan? Fight has to happen ASAP. Can't wait.

Comment

i've made a thread a while ago about the plausibility of this fight... my only concern is we know GGG isn't a PPV draw yet, and his promoter can't pay Lara like uncle Al.

so how much can GGGs team offer Lara and how much he needs to accept for it to be happen? Lemiux was 1.5 million on PPV. Lare 750k? will they be able to afford over that? and would Lara accept less than 1.5 mill

Comment

there is a reason it should not happen, it's a mismatch and lara aint even a mw atm

Comment

1 reason it shouldn't happen: Lara is a boring bum who according to BS scorecard lost last fight. There should be a special place for bums like Lara, off the tv. Do you agree friend?

Comment

Lmao at larry...

Besides the fact that Lara is 154, and has never shined in a big fight even though he has had several...

Dude got dropped multiple times by angulo, and he is supposed to be a threat to ggg

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                I am far from a Lara fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, GGG fans cliam the entire damn world fears him, well Lara is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on GGG's resume. I think GGG will ko him but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Monroes and Wades of the damn world
                GGG was begging for Floyd Cotto and Can'tNelo I didn't hear you clamoring for those fights to happen. Why should GGG fight a fawking JMW? Why? Because you think Lara can out run GGG then you can claim how he was robbed and he schooled GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  There are 3 reasons. BJS, Jacobs and Haymon. If those reasons dissappear, sure make it for Sept.
                  Jacobs has a fight vs TBA July 30th, date and venue already set. I'm guessing team Jacobs isn't looking for a Sept Golovkin showdown.

Options are now pretty much Saunders. Small very small chance Eubank but I seriously doubt Hearn would make that fight any time soon.

Comment

Would much rather see ggg fight:

Saunders
                    Eubanks jr
                    Jacobs
                    Canelo
                    Cotto
                    Ramirez
                    Quillen

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      He hasn't really let any of his top guys fight on HBO. The vast majority of his fighters are on pbc networks or showtime.
                      Khan fought there and he's a pretty big name. Lara shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X