No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Larry knows that and a Jacobs fight might be available too when WBA orders that fight.
    Eubank jr has been vocal too and is a true big middleweight unlike Lara.

But let's face it, style Wise Lara is the one having the biggest chance to beat white boy and make Larry happy.
    I don't think Lara have the best chance. I might actually believe it's Jacobs which sucks because he doesn't even believe in himself. He.might get one of those lucky punches and get a no and Jacob have real power at 160. I can't see Lara winning that fight. I don't see him going the distance and if he does his style make it impossible for people to score it right because he's doesn't even seem interested in ever engaging. I see ggg by ko or ggg by a wide margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
      Now change Laras name with Golovkin and GGG with Floyd shall we?

I am far from a Golovkin fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, Floyd fans cliam he is TBE in the damn world, well Golovkin is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on Floyd's resume that wasn't a cherry pick. I think Floyd will PED abuse but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Berto and Maidanas of the damn world.

There you go
      Why can't you just state your opinion the fight? Better yet, we know GGG isn't getting the Canelo fight. At least give your opinion on what you think his options should be as a fan. Mayweather is NOT mentioned in the original post...why bring up his name? Why make it about a guy you don't like?

What's wrong with GGG vs Lara?

You fans of ONE FIGHTER are beginning lose all logic!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        How is it BS when K2 offered Saunders about the same?

You can't have it both ways. Saunders is more of a draw then Lara but surely the fight will not generate enough for him to earn that amount, even in England.
        As far as I'm concerned that's way too much for Saunders as well. But at least Saunders brings the UK audience to the table. Lara doesn't bring anything to compare to that. And Saunders also has the WBO belt. The last in the collection for Golovkin. Unifying all four belts is pretty significant and makes up for Golovkin probably never holding the middleweight lineage.

I'm not against the fight at all. I would like to see it. But I honestly don't see how $3m is even remotely reasonable for a guy like Lara. Very few fighters are worth that sort of guarantee. If that's what they're insisting on I don't see that as a sincere effort to make the fight. For god's sake, he only got a $1m guarantee against Canelo.

Comment

• I think Lara is a good measuring stick for GGG, and for the fans to assess him. Lara may be a natural 154lber but he is superior to most if not all the current fighters at 160lbs. Size isn't everything especially when you have elite level qualities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            As far as I'm concerned that's way too much for Saunders as well. But at least Saunders brings the UK audience to the table. Lara doesn't bring anything to compare to that. And Saunders also has the WBO belt. The last in the collection for Golovkin. Unifying all four belts is pretty significant and makes up for Golovkin probably never holding the middleweight lineage.

I'm not against the fight at all. I would like to see it. But I honestly don't see how $3m is even remotely reasonable for a guy like Lara. Very few fighters are worth that sort of guarantee. If that's what they're insisting on I don't see that as a sincere effort to make the fight. For god's sake, he only got a $1m guarantee against Canelo.
            I get your point in the 1st paragraph. However, as I said to New England, Lara is more highly regarded than Saunders. Beating BJS gets him a belt, beating Lara gets him the best name on his resume.

Well I agree with your 2nd paragraph except for questioning Lara's sincerity. it's not fair to question sincerity because Lara's team will not ask for less to get the fight. K2 offered an inferior fighter that amount knowing they wouldn't generate enough to cover it.

K2 set the bar way too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Lara is the biggest name out there who wants Golovkin. Make the fight happen, but it doesn't seem like they want the fight because Abel Sanchez said Monroe is a bigger name than Lara, but lets look at the facts. Lara has fought Trout, Canelo, and Paul Williams and arguably beat them all. Lara and Golovkin have both been on PPV once, Golovkin sold 97,000 and Lara sold 300,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIzxPWuYOk
              It was more likely 150k but hey don't let lies get in the way of your agenda.

Lara hasn't sold ****. No one wanted to to watch fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                Why can't you just state your opinion the fight? Better yet, we know GGG isn't getting the Canelo fight. At least give your opinion on what you think his options should be as a fan. Mayweather is NOT mentioned in the original post...why bring up his name? Why make it about a guy you don't like?

What's wrong with GGG vs Lara?

You fans of ONE FIGHTER are beginning lose all logic!
                I'm just stating the hypocrisy of some posters on here.

I want Lara to come up and get it, I know he will lose though and lose badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  How is it BS when K2 offered Saunders about the same?

You can't have it both ways. Saunders is more of a draw then Lara but surely the fight will not generate enough for him to earn that amount, even in England.
                  When it comes to everyone else - Jacobs, Lara, DeGale, JCC, Froch, Ward, Kov, even Canelo, their priority is the reward (financial and popularity).

BJS is completely different. If BJS wanted to fight in an old rickety gym for $3M, they'll take it just to get the 'all the belts' situation finished. They're willing take a financial hit on the BJS fight. I'd guess if BJS asks for anything up to ~4M-5M, they'll take the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    When it comes to everyone else - Jacobs, Lara, DeGale, JCC, Froch, Ward, Kov, even Canelo, their priority is the reward (financial and popularity).

BJS is completely different. If BJS wanted to fight in an old rickety gym for $3M, they'll take it just to get the 'all the belts' situation finished. They're willing take a financial hit on the BJS fight. I'd guess if BJS asks for anything up to ~4M-5M, they'll take the fight.
                    I get that but k2 shouldn't have made the offer public. If they were willing to give BJS that much and are willing to take the loss fighters better than BJS will ask for the same and negotiate down.

It's ridiculous to think anyone would get that much for a fight not involving Floyd, Manny, canelo or a HWT champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Every good fighter has goals they are trying to achieve. GGG's goal as his team has clearly said many times is to win all the belts and be the completely undisputed middleweight champion of the world. Knocking Lara out does nothing to further his goals. Lara isn't a big money fight either. Lara mostly ran from Canelo so he would run even more in a fight with GGG. It would be a dull fight until GGG ended it with a KO. Lara has been crying for a fight with GGG for at least two years now but no promoter has ever made GGG a cash offer to fight Lara that I am aware of. That is always step one for any boxer who is really seriously wanting to fight another boxer. In all this time Lara has been calling out GGG he has never once called out Jacobs or Saunders. Why in the fuc not? Why only call out GGG? If Lara beat either of the other middleweight champs he would certainly get a fight with GGG. GGG would then have a reason to fight him. Lara isn't even in GGG's class as a fighter. Lara lost to Williams and drew with Molina and Vanes. Lara was knocked down twice by slow, plodding mediocre Angulo. GGG has never lost a fight or been hurt or knocked down and he seldom loses even a single round. GGG would easily slaughter these guys who gave Lara so much trouble. Lara would just be another GGG KO victim but right now GGG has no logical reason to fight Lara.
                      Great post. Appreciated

Comment

Working...
                      X