Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Povetkin Cost Boxing More Than World Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Povetkin Cost Boxing More Than World Title Fight

The Russian heavyweight Alexander Povetkin is the latest of a string of top boxers who have been juicing up on illegal substances and unfortunately his positive test for compatriot Maria Sharapova's tipple of choice, meldonium, has resulted in the cancellation of his challenge for WBC world heavyweight title in Moscow this weekend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I bet GGG and kovalev got some melodium in their sysytem

Comment

Coming from Frank Warren this is over the top. Meldonium was legal until end of 2015. Povetkin tested for very small quan******. There's no evidence meldonium offers any performance advantages, it's more of a protection against cardiovascular tear in professional athletes. The whole meldonium banning story stinks as no justification was offered why it should be banned. I can understand people directly linked to Wilder blowing the media horn, but people in the boxing industry should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
        Coming from Frank Warren this is over the top. Meldonium was legal until end of 2015. Povetkin tested for very small quan******. There's no evidence meldonium offers any performance advantages, it's more of a protection against cardiovascular tear in professional athletes. The whole meldonium banning story stinks as no justification was offered why it should be banned. I can understand people directly linked to Wilder blowing the media horn, but people in the boxing industry should know better.
        1st it's banned.
        2nd he PASSED three blood test last being April 11th
        3rd he FAILED the Urine Test on April 27th.

So he took it between 11th-27th. He just FKd up on his system flush. Why hasn't he asked for his B Sample to be tested yet???

Comment

Not sure why athletes that does NOT suffer from a heart condition were taking this in the first place, I agree with Fwank.... They are basically cheats, it's a heart defect pill so why are they taking it? The "legal" till 2020 does not wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Not sure why athletes that does NOT suffer from a heart condition were taking this in the first place, I agree with Fwank.... They are basically cheats, it's a heart defect pill so why are they taking it? The "legal" till 2020 does not wash.
            If you have a heart defect I think you in wrong sport anyways to be competing lol fools still defending positive but it was illegal until January is hilarious

Comment

Not sure why athletes that does NOT suffer from a heart condition were taking this in the first place, I agree with Fwank.... They are basically cheats, it's a heart defect pill so why are they taking it?
              LOL this substance is like the Gatorade of Russia to hear some of these guys talk about it. Does nothing, but tons of guys use it just to use it still. Okayyyyy.

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                If you have a heart defect I think you in wrong sport anyways to be competing lol fools still defending positive but it was illegal until January is hilarious
                That's why I ask the question lol, these athletes were basically cheats who found a drug that wasn't designed for them and exploit the loophole until it was added to the ban list. Now how this guy testing negative 3 different times then comes back to test positive later on? If he isn't cheating then I don't know what then.

Comment

That's why I ask the question lol, these athletes were basically cheats who found a drug that wasn't designed for them and exploit the loophole until it was added to the ban list. Now how this guy testing negative 3 different times then comes back to test positive later on? If he isn't cheating then I don't know what then.
                  Lol but it was only 70 nanograms doe... Only person that said it was that was rybinsky

Comment

Not sure where you're from but in the United States several legal supplements are banned from organized competitions both amateur and professional. In this case the substance is clearly banned, no reason Povetkin shouldn't have known especially after the recent scandal with Sharapova.

BTW, does anyone know if the WBC concluded their investigation yet? Has Povetkin made any statements regarding why he's ever used the substance?

Comment

Working...
                    X