No announcement yet.

Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Until the negotiations are over it isn't a duck. Read the front page... K2 is still negotiating with GBP for a Canelo vs GGG fight. The purse bid would've given GGG an unfair split due to him not drawing for shit. GGG's team needs to learn that he's no draw and he's the clear B side. Maybe if GGG took "short money" instead of being what his team calls everyone else, a "business man," he would've had big fights already. Anyone 154lbs-168lbs... 164lbs. for Ward doe everybody ducking GGG doe.
    You don't understand how this works. If GBP wanted tthe fight they could have offered 65/35 say, done deal. There's no mandated split unless it goes purse bid

Comment

Originally posted by Kazakh Thunder View Post
      8---Andrea Ward - The diva of the 168lb division don't want to travel or meet the a-side GGG in a catchweight so he can become a good boy and get ktfo. Was willing to goto 160 for Floyd but when GGG said 164, Ward ducked + he was fine when Dawson came down a whole division for him but wont move half a division for GGG, smh
      You say GGG was the A-side and Ward was the B-side so Ward should meet him at 164 because Ward said (jokingly) he'd go to 160 for Floyd?

At the same time Canelo is the A-side and GGG is the B-side who won't go down to 155 for Canelo even though GGG said he'd seriously go down to 154 for Floyd.

GGG fans will say, will wait a minute, of course he'll go down to 154 for Floyd, that's FLOYD! A big money fight. Well, even if Ward was serious about going to 160 for Floyd, well thats FLOYD! A big money fight. Yet GGG fans still want to criticize?

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
        You say GGG was the A-side and Ward was the B-side so Ward should meet him at 164 because Ward said (jokingly) he'd go to 160 for Floyd?

At the same time Canelo is the A-side and GGG is the B-side who won't go down to 155 for Canelo even though GGG said he'd seriously go down to 154 for Floyd.

GGG fans will say, will wait a minute, of course he'll go down to 154 for Floyd, that's FLOYD! A big money fight. Well, even if Ward was serious about going to 160 for Floyd, well thats FLOYD! A big money fight. Yet GGG fans still want to criticize?
        Canelo was the MW champ, never mind that there was no size disparity like the other scenarios. Now he's no longer champ, a CW is acceptable though probably not 155 lol

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          You don't understand how this works. If GBP wanted tthe fight they could have offered 65/35 say, done deal. There's no mandated split unless it goes purse bid
          Was K2 okay with a 65/35 split? If they weren't then they were possibly hoping to go to purse bid to get a higher split or at least using the possibility of purse bid as leverage to get a better split. Golden Boy probably knew this so they vacated to take that leverage away from K2. That's my guess.

Comment

Canelo was the MW champ, never mind that there was no size disparity like the other scenarios. Now he's no longer champ, a CW is acceptable though probably not 155 lol
            I know that but I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of GGG fans criticizing Ward for not accepting a catchweight against GGG but yet praising GGG for doing the same against Canelo.

Comment

Was K2 okay with a 65/35 split? If they weren't then they were possibly hoping to go to purse bid to get a higher split or at least using the possibility of purse bid as leverage to get a better split. Golden Boy probably knew this so they vacated to take that leverage away from K2. That's my guess.
              My guess is they would have accepted that in a second. They didn't wanna go purse bid cause that kills the fight, and they didn't want that. GBP wanted that

Comment

I know that but I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of GGG fans criticizing Ward for not accepting a catchweight against GGG but yet praising GGG for doing the same against Canelo.
                Ward is not facing a SMW champ in Golivkin, much less lineal champ at 161 under a mando. It's bigger guy vs smaller guy moving up, your standard CW, not this exotic bull****. Anyway Canelo didn't want a CW, he wanted an out

Comment

Ward is not facing a SMW champ in Golivkin, much less lineal champ at 161 under a mando. It's bigger guy vs smaller guy moving up, your standard CW, not this exotic bull****. Anyway Canelo didn't want a CW, he wanted an out
                  True but I was refering to more of the A-Side and B-side talk of it. Anyway if Hopkins was willing to meet Oscar at a catchweight, even though Oscar had the WBO belt, how come GGG can't do the same for Canelo? Hopkins knew what he had to do to get the De La Hoya fight, he played his role.

Im not saying its right but that's what it is, and GGG has to play his role if he wants the big fight.

Comment

True but I was refering to more of the A-Side and B-side talk of it. Anyway if Hopkins was willing to meet Oscar at a catchweight, even though Oscar had the WBO belt, how come GGG can't do the same for Canelo? Hopkins knew what he had to do to get the De La Hoya fight, he played his role.

Im not saying its right but that's what it is, and GGG has to play his role if he wants the big fight.
                    If you listened to his interview, he was made a good money offer for 158, which is a lot better than 155 and no offer at all. Then he didn't wanna budge, tried bargaining for 159, 158.5, eventually caved. Vs a much smaller guy, former Sfw champ, current lowly Wbo paper champ (via robbery) who really wanted to fight him. All opposite of this situation

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      He clearly has 3 belts now... the TS was just pointing out how he hasn't really "earned" a belt. He's been handed them and most of them by fighting bums that didn't deserve to even fight for a belt. Risk vs reward is how boxing goes most of the time. Maybe if K2 didn't act like GGG is a draw and accepted "short money" he could've had big fights already. That 97k ppv doe... such an A side star
                      I've been trying to explain to fools that K2 is GGG's biggest problem. So far, they haven't secured him a big fight and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I wish I could be simple minded enough to think that professional fighters who have been fighting since childhood are afraid of another man. It's a cute narrative for grown men who have never been in a fight and need to live through others accomplishments.

But in the real world, it's called prize fighting. It's pretty obvious that K2 isn't making the prizes attractive enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X