No announcement yet.

And the NEW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the NEW

That's right...congratulations to my fighter Gennady Golovkin for becoming the new WBC champion at middleweight. I told you all Golovkin was going to win the WBC title, and we did. Now on to Billy Joe Saunders.

We all did it, K2 Promotions would like to thank all Gennady Golovkin supporters out there who pushed the WBC to do the right thing. The fan and media pressure really helped. Thank you very much guys. We promise that Gennady Golovkin will defend all of his titles at the full 160 limit, there will be no catchweights. We would only defend our 160 titles at a catchweight against Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

ggg the true champion. he scared the fraud into handing over the belt hahahahahahahahahahaha. incredible.

congrats k2/tom/team ggg! u are teh real heroes of the sport!!!!

Comment

The 160lbs division will be ruled by a 160lbs fighter.

Comment

No catchweights!...Unless floyd wants one.

A circus. It's to laugh i tell ya. It's to laugh.

Comment

Why celebrate getting a strap gifted to you

Doesn't mean sh.it Still no names on Gennadys resume

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              The 160lbs division will be ruled by a 160lbs fighter.

Yeah but the lineal will still be at 155 lol what a joke

Comment

To the people who understand the history of the sport & the nuances of this corporate negotiation, then yes, it's far from black & white.
                But to the casuals (i.e. the people who make PPV possible), this looks horrible for Canelo. It's symbolic.
                That said, from a business standpoint, I can't understand why both sides don't see that BOTH fighters explode no matter how this turns out. Even if it's a brutal KO (both could pull it off), then an immediate rematch would be demanded by the public bc it's too good not to see if it was fluke. These dudes are primed, and it won't last long. This is a trilogy waiting to happen. Sorry, I went on a tangent.
                I was one of those stupidly hanging on to May/Pac negotiations since '09.
                It's hard being a fan of this sport, and this is another frustrating example

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Yeah but the lineal will still be at 155 lol what a joke
                  What's the lineal title really mean?

In the MW division it's gone extinct 7 times. After Leonard beat Hagler, he left the division and eventually lost to Terry Norris at 154lbs. Monzon retired as the lineal champion. Hopkins never beat anyone for the lineal title. What you call the lineal title came from Hopkins unifying the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                    ggg the true champion. he scared the fraud into handing over the belt hahahahahahahahahahaha. incredible.

congrats k2/tom/team ggg! u are teh real heroes of the sport!!!!
                    Thank you. But we can't do this without the fans. Fan make boxing what it is. Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X