Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been said this for a while. This boy isn't Mexican, He's a TOTAL DIVA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      And Canola deserves 55% for his CW BS within the same weight division!!? Stop with this hypocrisy already..
      I used like Canelo but his team have come up with lame a$$ excuses after making bold statements with such audacity..
      Canelo deserves more then 55% because he is bringing way more then 55% of the fans and money to the table. Just based on their last PPV numbers it's impossible to make a logical argument that GGG is worth any close to 45% given from a purse bid. Which is why no superstar fighters like Floyd or manny go to purse bid. Either you accept a small percent of a very large pie or you don't. Purse bid can't help you get more money against fighters like Canelo. The purse bid was never an option and GGG camp being difficult to negotiate with so Canelo trashed the belt now they have all the time in the world to make a deal. That is if GGG really wants the fight. Because with the money he would make going to 155 should be no problem considering he said he would go to 154 to get big money fights with Manny and Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Isn't Canelo much bigger than Mayweather and Pacquiao were at 25yo ?

And the red kid is going to get much bigger imo, he will be the next big star.

He has so many options, and could easily fight for another 10 years+.
        I'm not seeing lots of options for Canelo.

What are they?

He's not likely to move back to JMW.

We know he's not ready to move up to MW.

He's now 25. Yes, he'll be around for a long while yet, but how much longer can he keep dehydrating to 155 etc and then rehydrating to 170 plus?

What's in the pipeline?

I can see a few more potentially lucrative CW's. But then what?

Sooner or later he will have to commit to moving up to MW permanently. But what happens if when he gets there, GG is still there but with ALL of the belts? Then what?

He'd have the popularity, but nothing else. If he ended up as GG's mandatory, GG would call the shots.

Canelo hasn't got a stack of options, plus his rep has just taken a huge hit.

Comment

All I appreciate is this..... Team Bull**** made weak excuses to justify why Gennady won't back up that " anyone from 154-168 " rubbish.

Well, those weak excuses have now been removed.

Lets go.... " champ " !!
          What gggBoxing says: "I will fight anybody at 160." What he means: "I will fight anybody at 160."

Despite today's decision, Canelo remains the lineal middleweight champion. #boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            Seeing as though Canelo isn't going to go back to JMW or up to MW, give us his realistic options for the next 12-18 months.

At 155..... he can rematch Cotto for a HUGE payday, he can fight Beefy Smith in the UK, J-Rock, boo-boo, the Charlo's, the Lara/Vanes winner..... but the very best of all..... Kell Brook, who would like nothing more than to 1-up Khan.

He will also likely fight Jacobs/Saunders/Eubank at 155-158 before GGG does.

Now, what options does Golovkin have ?

He won't get Jacobs/Saunders/Eubank, and will be fighting another Wade.

Comment

All I appreciate is this..... Team Bull**** made weak excuses to justify why Gennady won't back up that " anyone from 154-168 " rubbish.

Well, those weak excuses have now been removed.

Lets go.... " champ " !!
              You aren't open to discussing GG's career in an objective manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                I'm not seeing lots of options for Canelo.

What are they?

He's not likely to move back to JMW.

We know he's not ready to move up to MW.

He's now 25. Yes, he'll be around for a long while yet, but how much longer can he keep dehydrating to 155 etc and then rehydrating to 170 plus?

What's in the pipeline?

I can see a few more potentially lucrative CW's. But then what?

Sooner or later he will have to commit to moving up to MW permanently. But what happens if when he gets there, GG is still there but with ALL of the belts? Then what?

He'd have the popularity, but nothing else. If he ended up as GG's mandatory, GG would call the shots.

Canelo hasn't got a stack of options, plus his rep has just taken a huge hit.

At 155..... he can rematch Cotto for a HUGE payday, he can fight Beefy Smith in the UK, J-Rock, boo-boo, the Charlo's, the Lara/Vanes winner..... but the very best of all..... Kell Brook, who would like nothing more than to 1-up Khan.

He will also likely fight Jacobs/Saunders/Eubank at 155-158 before GGG does.

What options does Golovkin have ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  It's easy to think that Canelo will be a huge star for years to come but in boxong that isn't always the case..
                  What's "boxong", the Chinese version of boxing?

Sorry just being a bit silly here, I know it was a typo. Just wanted to add a sort of humorous remark 'cause this discussion here is getting so heated, too much fighting on here lol, but the REAL fighters won't actually fight!

Comment

• I'm getting flashbacks to May-Pac negotiations. I just want the fight done so people can stop ****ting on my guy (May, Canelo)

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      He's completely biased AND he can't appreciate the huge difference in circumstances. Because he's an idiot.
                      Yeah, I've read a few of his posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X