Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet GGG turned down the 65/35 in favor Canelo getting payed more, you just got to realize that's not in your favor.

Comment

Smart move by Canelo and his team now he can inforce a catchweight

Comment

I said multiple times, Canelo and real boxing fans don't care about the belt.

TBH, Only GGG and his fans care about belts.

Comment

Cotto isn't scared of anybody him v.s GGG at msg would have broke records canela is a *****

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            He's dropping it but told GBP to make the fight. He just doesn't want the WBC involved because of their deadlines. Well as far the fight happens this year, no one would give a **** that he did this.

And he is right, he has fought the guys no one else wanted to fight, and Golovkin is another one on that list

Hope the fight happens for Sept
            This is what I don't get with the level of critism he receives. He was going after Paul Williams (a man that everybody said nobody wanted to fight) until he had his tragic accident. When he pursued Cotto who took a loss to Trout and scuppered the fight. Alvarez did the right thing and fought the man that beat the man that he wanted to get in with. Not many would have done that. Especially not against Trout. Then he goes against his promoters wishes and steps in there with Lara.

The kid is clearly willing to fight. I'm not saying that the way him and his team go about that is beyond reproach because it isn't but at times people act as if he's the worst thing in boxing.

Comment

if Canelo goes back to 154 in his next two fights, then I can see the demand for a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
                Yes fighting at 160 is so unrealistic for Canelo, the middleweight champ
                both sides have said that was settled day 1 so its obviously not that it comes down to percentages for sure

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Seems Canelo isn't the warrior we all thought he was. I find it hard to believe he would drop the title to GGG and still take the fight. I mean what sense would that make?

I could be wrong and hope I am because this is the fight the fans want and the sport needs.
                  hell ask for a catchweight

anyway, canelo will probably lose some steam with hardcore fans but meh most hardcores stream ppvs

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                    This is what I don't get with the level of critism he receives. He was going after Paul Williams (a man that everybody said nobody wanted to fight) until he had his tragic accident. When he pursued Cotto who took a loss to Trout and scuppered the fight. Alvarez did the right thing and fought the man that beat the man that he wanted to get in with. Not many would have done that. Especially not against Trout. Then he goes against his promoters wishes and steps in there with Lara.

The kid is clearly willing to fight. I'm not saying that the way him and his team go about that is beyond reproach because it isn't but at times people act as if he's the worst thing in boxing.
                    Then just fight Golovkin. It's all we want.

Comment

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, tastes like chicken. Go back to fighting little guys until GGG goes up or retires. Knocks out a big light weight and thinks he's a tank!

Comment

Working...
                      X