Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Hall of Fame Wins Do Most Hall Of Famers Have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Hall of Fame Wins Do Most Hall Of Famers Have?

I can't begin to run the numbers here, but I just intend to open up a discussion. I'll take Roberto Duran for example, him being my favorite.

Well, the Ken Buchannan win was hall of fame worthy imo. So were the Dejesus wins. And then Palomino and then Leonard. The Davey Moore win was impressive, but Moore was never close to HOF. The Hagler fight was so close that I would nearly count it as a win. The Barkley fight was imo because at the time, Barkley had just destroyed Hearns and besides, he looked like a heavyweight versus Duran. It was truly David vs. Goliath and as well as Duran did, I think the knockdown was the only thing that cemented his victory. I also think his first fight with Camacho(clearly a win even though he was robbed) is a HOF win, even though both were past it. After all, Duran was WAY past it at that point. So, in total, I would give Duran 8 HIF performances. Possibly nine counting Cuevas since Duran stayed right in the pocket with him and destroyed him even though Cuevas hit like a wrecking ball.

Another example would be Pacquiao. Of his wins, I'd say the Barrera fights, the Morales wins, the De La Hoya fight, the Hatton fight, the Mosley fight, the Cotto fight, the Bradley wins and the Margarito fight are all HOF worthy performances. That puts him at 11.

How about some other Hall of Famers? How many hall of fame worthy wins did they have? (And it must be wins, unless it was a robbery)

Mayweather-Oscar,Mosley,Pacquiao,Hatton,Cotto,Corrales,Castil lo ,Canelo

Leonard-Duran,Hagler,Benitez,Hearns

Comment

HOF WORTHY wins is subjective. Take the real deal instead. I think Jimmy Mclarnin has the most. I think its about 15. Harry Greb is at 14 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        HOF WORTHY wins is subjective. Take the real deal instead. I think Jimmy Mclarnin has the most. I think its about 15. Harry Greb is at 14 or so.
        Thing about mentioning old fighters compared to current fighters is most of the older fighters foes got into the hall of fame YEARS AND YEARS later while current fighters foes are still active

Comment

the more important question is how many PRIME hall of fame wins a fighter has.

Floyd has none.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Yes. Taking that into account, I think Duran has 5 in that case(I still count Camacho ha).

McLarnin. Wow. Talk about a guy who fought everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              the more important question is how many PRIME hall of fame wins a fighter has.
              This sounds like some college thesis caliber of study needed to figure out among all the HOFers.

I'd bet it'd be an old school cat who's #1 doe. Those guys fought more often so are bound to have more HOF wins. I think Robinson & LaMotta fought like 3 times in a month or something weird like that. Obviously not the standard, but just shows whats possible back then vs now. I can't think of anyone who fought 3 times in a month vs any caliber guy around these days. If Buck Smith is still around maybe him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                This sounds like some college thesis caliber of study needed to figure out among all the HOFers.

I'd bet it'd be an old school cat who's #1 doe. Those guys fought more often so are bound to have more HOF wins. I think Robinson & LaMotta fought like 3 times in a month or something weird like that. Obviously not the standard, but just shows whats possible back then vs now. I can't think of anyone who fought 3 times in a month vs any caliber guy around these days. If Buck Smith is still around maybe him.
                The old guys were way busier. I wish the modern fighters were as well. More good match-ups would go down and less marinating.

And yes. Old Buck fought anybody, everybody and all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post

Oscar, Mosley, Pacquiao and Cotto I can see.

Hatton, Corrales and Castillo I highly doubt.

Canelo is a question mark at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post

Genaro is in one of the halls of fame

Comment

Working...
                    X