Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Floyd fighting Conor McGregor for 50 legitimate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an actual genuine fight? of course not, McGregor is not a boxer and Mayweather is one of the best to lace them up. It's not like McGregor would be going against someone like Brandon Rios who would stand there and take shots and fight toe to toe. He would be going up against a fighter who other future HOF fighters could barely land clean on, so how is a guy who's never had a pro boxing fight going to land a shot? Floyd may not be a guy who's knocking guys out but he must be the worst guy to fight if you can't really box.

But as an exhibition? why not. Probably the two biggest names in each sport going at, especially with their personalities, it of course it would be fun. You can't blame them if it happens either, it's a massive money making opportunity.

But of course it can't be classed a genuine good victory and probably shouldn't be sanctioned as an actual fight to add to his record.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-17-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      If you believe this you are not a true boxing fan. Anderson Silva maybe one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time and he was KO'd in his very first boxing match. Boxers have gone into the cage fighting and had some success at the highest level in MMA but Mixed Martial Artist have never had success at the highest level in boxing.
      i used to be a fan of boxing until i realized how much of a con show it is. pretty mediocre too. mma is far superior in EVERY ASPECT. u think floyd could beat a master mma fighter????? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i doubt he even makes it past mcgregor who is a mediocre mma fighter. floyd a suppsoed legend of the sport would get easily pwned hardcore by mcgregor. one swift karate kick would KO floyd.
      Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-17-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Of course... beating a Z level fighter doesn't count. But losing to a Z level fighter does count. There's no contradiction... but the fight won't happen and Floyd wouldn't lose.
        sure bud lol

Comment

Mayweather vs McGregor will happen whether we like it or not.

Comment

lol. mma fighter will fight floyd in a boxing rules. hahhaha
            even an amateur boxer will beat mcgregor in a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Should the Patriots get credit for a win over a soccer team?
              Wrong comparison -- American football emerged from Rugby football, not from "soccer".

Comment

Boxers have gone into the cage fighting and had some success at the highest level in MMA but Mixed Martial Artist have never had success at the highest level in boxing.

MMA is not a martial art. It's a open style combat sport which allows striking and grappling. Boxers can have success in MMA because Boxing is allowed in MMA. Why would you expect someone who fights in MMA to have a chance of doing well in Boxing? Its like saying Wrestling is superior to Boxing because Floyd Mayweather would get destroyed in a Olympic Wrestling match.

Anderson Silva getting KO in boxing does not imply anything. He did not grow up boxing. He originally started out in jiu jitsu and got into Muay Thai he got into his later teen years. If Anderson Silva started boxing at 8 years old under a decent trainer he'd probably be a hell of a lot better. You're comparing apples to oranges. Just because Michael Jordan couldn't hack it in baseball doesn't mean basketball sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  i used to be a fan of boxing until i realized how much of a con show it is. pretty mediocre too. mma is far superior in EVERY ASPECT. u think floyd could beat a master mma fighter????? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i doubt he even makes it past mcgregor who is a mediocre mma fighter. floyd a suppsoed legend of the sport would get easily pwned hardcore by mcgregor. one swift karate kick would KO floyd.
                  Floyd is the best at what he does and Conor is not the best at what he does. MMA is not superior to boxing in every aspect. It's a group of people who have backgrounds in different martial arts coming together to fight in what is a freakshow. Conor can't even beat an out of shape Nate Diaz who lost three out of his last five fights.

The UFC does a better job of promoting than boxing does but that's about it. It will never reach the heights that boxing has.

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
                    MMA is not a martial art. It's a open style combat sport which allows striking and grappling. Boxers can have success in MMA because Boxing is allowed in MMA. Why would you expect someone who fights in MMA to have a chance of doing well in Boxing? Its like saying Wrestling is superior to Boxing because Floyd Mayweather would get destroyed in a Olympic Wrestling match.

Anderson Silva getting KO in boxing does not imply anything. He did not grow up boxing. He originally started out in jiu jitsu and got into Muay Thai he got into his later teen years. If Anderson Silva started boxing at 8 years old under a decent trainer he'd probably be a hell of a lot better. You're comparing apples to oranges. Just because Michael Jordan couldn't hack it in baseball doesn't mean basketball sucks.
                    You're telling me something I already know. You need to explain that to the MMA guys on here who think that just because a guy does mixed martial arts he would automatically beat a boxer.

Comment

You're telling me something I already know. You need to explain that to the MMA guys on here who think that just because a guy does mixed martial arts he would automatically beat a boxer.

Im just responding to what you wrote.

Comment

Working...
                      X