Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vargas turned down $1.61 Mil to fight Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas knows he will never get a fair shake in the UK.

Not surprised.

Comment

People wanna hate but I bet my left nut Garcia or any of the other PBC WW's (except Porter) would take that $ to fight overseas. 2.5 would've been a nice number because after taxes and paying his team 1.6 drops well below a mil and Brooks not slouch, whether he loses legitimately or by robbery Vargas belt is gone and his marketability & pull drops down below zero. He could fight in the USA against Marquez and make over 2million in an easier fight against a legend. He beats Brook Id bet my other nut he still gets deemed as the easiest WW champ.

Comment

What's he gonna get taxed in the UK if he fights there? That maybe the reason, not to mention he'd still have to pay US taxes

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          People wanna hate but I bet my left nut Garcia or any of the other PBC WW's (except Porter) would take that $ to fight overseas. 2.5 would've been a nice number because after taxes and paying his team 1.6 drops well below a mil and Brooks not slouch, whether he loses legitimately or by robbery Vargas belt is gone and his marketability & pull drops down below zero. He could fight in the USA against Marquez and make over 2million in an easier fight against a legend. He beats Brook Id bet my other nut he still gets deemed as the easiest WW champ.
          You're making up woulda/coulda/shoulda scenarios. There are not guarantees Marquez even fights again. And if he does come back it's for a payday that Vargas can't provide. Vargas is running around chasing a Bradley rematch that's never going to happen. And even if it does happen he's not getting paid nowhere near this amount of money with Bradley coming off those horrible numbers against Pacquiao and their first fight not selling well. His title fight against Ali was on the undercard of Thompson-Ortiz at a venue in DC that didn't sell out. This is an opportunity for him to unify, become one of the top names at 147, and get paid well while doing it. This is a guaranteed shot at a title and good payday. This is the best offer out there for Vargas. He's not about to talk himself into a Garcia, Thurman, or Porter fight.

Comment

Vargas has been so gifted by judges (I think I got him losing 3 fights he won) he's f#cking delusional about how judges "should score" I think.

I don't see anything in the UK judge-wise he should be concerned about at all, but I don't think he views it like that. So while I think this is a horrible decision by Vargas I don't believe its fear of Brook based cuz I don't doubt for a second he'd happily fight anyone in his weight division if his mom, dad & grandma were scoring the fight. Dude gots some weird **** about judges. Look it up, he's mentioned this **** numerous times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              What's he gonna get taxed in the UK if he fights there? That maybe the reason, not to mention he'd still have to pay US taxes
              i forgot where i saw it.. but i watched something recently how us fighters get taxed out the ass when fighting in the uk.. still worth the risk for vargas, he gains a whole lot by beating kell

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                bro i been meaning to ask you this....who is that Goddess in your Avatar? Love me some caramel, copper, and almond tone women....skin looks like butter
                Christina Santini

Comment

I can almost guarantee that HBO will not have a date for Vargas this year...so turning down that type of money is crazy...He may change his mind though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post
                    Christina Santini

I'd build a tribe with that.....

who is the other girl in the gif...with the nice litttle toot it booty lol....she was killing me with the groin thrust and mean mug

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      who is the other girl in the gif...with the nice litttle toot it booty lol
                      I harassed him for like a month to tell me only to forget her name.

I would literally stare at his sig for a good minute

Comment

Working...
                      X