Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the African American crowd gravitate to Ward like Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    i think it has to do a lot with the fact that ward is only half n.
    so are most of you ricans

Comment

the arena had a lot of black people. most of the people in the building bet ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        so are most of you ricans
        hell yeah, b.

Comment

Mayweather's PPV success was not SOLELY because of the 'African American' crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
            Ward always states that he's a biracial child...he does say that he's mixed. You need two black parents to be black. That's no disrespect to him because he's a cool dude. He's just not black, he's half-black. I'm simply stating a fact

I don't give a **** about the 1 drop rule. The 1 drop rule was a racist policy implemented by southern whites that considered racist t anyone with any amount of black lineage as tainted and inferior. Why would I advocate the continuance of that kind of thinking?
            Guys that clown hate racism, but support racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
              Why isn't he a ppv attraction like Mayweather?
              Cuz he's nowhere near as talented as mayweather and he has 0 personality. At least with mayweather there was an undeniable display of skill/speed/precision/reflexes on display...ward isn't the most exciting fighter and sometimes relies on smothering/ugly tactics to get the job done. As a hard core fan and someone who has boxed a bit, i can respect and appreciate what he does, but casual sports fans don't wanna see that...and i don't blame them. There's generally nothing spectacular going on in there.

Comment

He has zero personality and zero charisma when he's just being himself. He's basically what Floyd was during his "Pretty Boy" Floyd days before he became $$$$$ Mayweather and started stirring up controversy and portraying the villain. In a perfect world, just being a great fighter would be enough, but tht's just not how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
                  Ward s clean cut. Americans are fascinated with the ****** hip hop rich lifestyle. They are the demographic.
                  Nothing to do with African Americans though.

Since hip hop, African Americans need to play the eel to get attention. Before that, there was plenty of clean cut afro American stars, Sugar Ray Leonard being the first that comes to mind.

Comment

Ward, like Bradley are laid back California guys. They dont try to generate or promote ignorance like Floyd, which attracts attention and hype.

Comment

• Not controversial and not interesting enough. Doesn't have a clear character, people can't love him or hate him, so he can't sell PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X