Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Canelo do against a guy that weighs 20 more pounds then him on fightnight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he'd do fine, by comparison he might look fleet of foot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Khan coming in at 155lbs for a 155 catchweight fight, that doesn't sound like a small fighter to me. In fact it's going to be pretty interesting to see how Khan looks in his first fight back to 147. He may have to go up to 154 after getting KO'ed DSG at 147
      How stupid. Khan just put less effort into cutting weight. He had to cut less weight. Do you believe Cotto was not more than 155 fight night against martinez? or that floyd was not more than 150 fight night in his JMW fights?

I'm sure Cotto outweighed Khan fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
        I think I recall Angulo being 170-180 against Canelo....

Foot speed is Canelo issue he needs to stay away welters....
        Angulo was 170 and Canelo 174

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
          Maybe he'd do fine, by comparison he might look fleet of foot.
          This is a good point as he's used to timing quicker and faster fighters. There's maybe only 4-5 fighters in the world who could compete with his handspeed (above 160). It'd be interesting to see how people handle his power...will he be so quick and sharp with his hands that even if his power isn't carried over that he'd be dropping guys with punches they don't see?

Trout, Kirkland, Angulo, and Lara aren't small and he hurt every single one, three of them severely. Khan wasn't even that much smaller...it looked like 2 good sized 54 pounders with one guy having a bit of an edge in density with the other in height. Khan didn't even seem fat... Hell, Cotto seemed smaller than Khan and Canelo looked smaller this fight.

20 pound advantage? He'd do fine against some people. Martinez put that work in on Chavez jr/Pavlik nd what was a pretty big size difference. Dude had exceptional athleticism and nerve though...not many can pull that off

I mean...if we're honest...Canelo probably beats a lot of 68 pounders. The only problem is GGG. Hell...I'd give Canelo a shot vs Degale, Abraham, etc.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-13-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            When has Canelo had a 20 pound advantage over anybody?

I agree that he does have a size advantage always but 20 pounds is reaching.
            - josesito lopez
            - cotto
            - amir khan
            - alfonso gomez
            - mosley (i believe canelo had close to 15+ lbs advantage)
            - baldomir (canelo had close to 30 lbs)
            - jose miguel cotto
            - miguel vazquez (canelo had close to 30 + lb advantage in their rematch)

there are more examples. but these are the most obvious ones.
            Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-13-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              - josesito lopez
              - cotto
              - amir khan
              - alfonso gomez
              - mosley (i believe canelo had close to 15+ lbs advantage)
              - baldomir (canelo had close to 30 lbs)
              - jose miguel cotto
              - miguel vazquez (canelo had close to 30 + lb advantage in their rematch)

there are more examples. but these are the most obvious ones.
              Both Mosley and Baldomir missed weight against Canelo though Mosley had to weigh-in again while Baldomir didn't even bother.

Going by fight night weight Josesito Lopez was officially bigger than Canelo.

Canelo was a welterweight in the second Vazquez fight, he was also 18 years old. So as an 18 year old,on a fight where there's no footage, he went all the way up to at least 180, assuming Vazquez didn't gain a pound or lost weight.

Comment

Working...
              X