No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WADA Statement on Meldonium,

... Since meldonium was prohibited on 1 January of this year, there have been 172 positive samples for the substance, for athletes across numerous countries and sports ... Concurrently, there has been a call by stakeholders for further clarification and guidance. WADA recognizes this need -- that meldonium is a particular substance, which has created an unprecedented situation and therefore warranted additional guidance for the anti-doping community.

There is currently limited data available on excretion studies relating to meldonium; and, as such, several studies are currently being conducted involving WADA accredited laboratories, which WADA will share when available. Until such time, the Notice provides guidance as to how organizations should manage meldonium cases within their respective jurisdictions, which may be to ‘pursue’ or ‘stay’ until further excretion research has been made available.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/ne...o-stakeholders

Comment

• Originally posted by /// View Post
      70 nanograms is not considered a dirty test as per WADA guidelines.

It merely warranted retesting, they said there wasn't enough time for retesting, fight should be postponed.

There was no dirty test. You guys are bending reality very hard here. Nobody tested dirty according to WADA guidelines.
      i agree.we should just wait and see what's going to happen.people are jumping to conclusions too easy.mostly fanboys

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am believing the results of the VADA test-he was negative until he tested positive. At that point, he was dirty and thus he cheated. Most likely reason-he used after the last negative but before the positive.

I have never seen a case where, using the same testing protocol, there were negatives and then a positive like this.

DIbella's stements have nothing to do with my opinion.
        The guy just explained it to you. He was within legal limits of VADA standard policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          The guy just explained it to you. He was within legal limits of VADA standard policy.
          they don't want to hear this.truth hurts

Comment

WADA Statement on Meldonium,

... Since meldonium was prohibited on 1 January of this year, there have been 172 positive samples for the substance, for athletes across numerous countries and sports ... Concurrently, there has been a call by stakeholders for further clarification and guidance. WADA recognizes this need -- that meldonium is a particular substance, which has created an unprecedented situation and therefore warranted additional guidance for the anti-doping community.

There is currently limited data available on excretion studies relating to meldonium; and, as such, several studies are currently being conducted involving WADA accredited laboratories, which WADA will share when available. Until such time, the Notice provides guidance as to how organizations should manage meldonium cases within their respective jurisdictions, which may be to ‘pursue’ or ‘stay’ until further excretion research has been made available.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/ne...o-stakeholders
            Article written April 13, 2016.

Povetkin tested negative on April 7, 8 and 11 according and positive in a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association urine test conducted April 27th.

article doesn't explain how one could test negative multiple times and then test positive in a subsequent test. had the positive been April 7th and then the negatives, then I could see questioning the tests.

Comment

• Has VADA confirmed 70 nanograms?

Comment

Article written April 13, 2016.

Povetkin tested negative on April 7, 8 and 11 according and positive in a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association urine test conducted April 27th.

article doesn't explain how one could test negative multiple times and then test positive in a subsequent test. had the positive been April 7th and then the negatives, then I could see questioning the tests.
                ....... which is why we need to await further clarification, rather than jumping to conclusions like you do.

Comment

....... which is why we need to await further clarification, rather than jumping to conclusions like you do.
                  The only reason you need further clarification in this case is because it Povetkin.

since when do you co sign a post from someone that has no source like ///?

You are going against everything you ever did on NSB weltz.

Comment

The only reason you need further clarification in this case is because it Povetkin.

since when do you co sign a post from someone that has no source like ///?

You are going against everything you ever did on NSB weltz.
                    I have my own sources and they say microscopic traces of meldonium found with Povetkin are inconclusive in terms of labelling him a 'drugs cheat'. These are the facts, if we just go by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Has VADA confirmed 70 nanograms?
                      I think Ryabinksi is the only one throwing this figure. Neither WBC nor VADA haven't released the exact amount of meldonium found in Pov.

Comment

Working...
                      X