Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see people taking it lightly so far on Povetkin.

Had this been Wilder.....well, ya know. lol

Comment

Originally posted by /// View Post
      Meldonium was only banned a few months ago and can stay in your system detectable for months... Before that it was considered a legal supplement or whatever. Probably he's been taking it long term and it stayed in his system post-ban.

Have a feeling they'll make some sort of exemption for this
      WADA sent out notices in the middle Oct of 2015 that this drug would be banned at the beginning of the year. It's also been on WADA's watchlist for over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by /// View Post
        Meldonium was only banned a few months ago and can stay in your system detectable for months... Before that it was considered a legal supplement or whatever. Probably he's been taking it long term and it stayed in his system post-ban.

Have a feeling they'll make some sort of exemption for this
        Problem with an exemption might be that they require you to list supplements you are taking or have taken (not sure how far back they go with this question). This one with all the news its been making would seem like something you'd wanna mention.

And I mean is it really in his system for 5 months & change? That seems like a really long time to have been in his system. I'd assume based on how much he tested for with this supplement they can guessimate the last usage, but idk that to be a fact I just know its something they can do with other products.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post

The same way they went light on Sharapova for taking the same drug. Had it been Serena......yup....

Comment

this drug has been taken by a lot of russian athletes during the Olympics

its actually made in Russia and very accessible

i think we all know Pov was always on the gear

Comment

How serious is meldonium though? What qualities of the drug enhances your performance?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                as much as i was looking forward to the fight, it should be called off

what if wilder gets KOed or worse? it will be a huge blow to boxing
                if he gets kod he has a built in excuse lol win win.. would suck to miss out on a big payday like this

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Meldonium is what Sharapova failed a test for, it is a heart drug which was outlawed in September 2015.
                  when the whole sharapova thing happened if i don't remember wrong they said that this substance was banned earlier this year

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post

would have been 15 pages by now

Comment

Oh wow.. You've messed up big time there Povetkin. You had a fairly winnable title shot aswell, albeit for a secondary championship.

I wonder if he could get one of those exceptions that Floyd managed to get

Comment

Working...
                      X