Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

I dont see anything special

Just a guy knocking out who he is supposed to. I know he had an extensive amatuer background but I dont put much into that. TOO many olympic successes were not great pros and others with little amatuer success have become ATG

I see a guy with power, an exciting style, he seems physically strong but not much else

He doesnt establish a jab, he throws looping shots and overhands, and he lacks head movement.

All you need is power and an exciting style, this is nsb baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I dont see anything special

Just a guy knocking out who he is supposed to. I know he had an extensive amatuer background but I dont put much into that. TOO many olympic successes were not great pros and others with little amatuer success have become ATG

I see a guy with power, an exciting style, he seems physically strong but not much else

He doesnt establish a jab, he throws looping shots and overhands, and he lacks head movement.

Well to be fair the guy has'nt really had to do anything other than go in for the kill. He has been able to just pretty much walkthrough his opposition up to this point. Which considering he has had only 8 or 9 fights, his opposition has been pretty good. I guess we will see what he is made of once he gets in there with someone that can test him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        All you need is power and an exciting style, this is nsb baby!!
        Touche....there has been an eastern euro fighter craze lately. that also plays a part.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Touche....there has been an eastern euro fighter craze lately. that also plays a part.
          You are right though, he has no head movement and doesn't use a jab. I think he has a decent left to the body. Outside of that I think he has a lot of work to do. Hopefully he isn't too in love with his power and thinks he doesn't have to develop as a fighter because he has that to rely on

Comment

I don't think we've seen everything Artur can do just yet..

Similar to KOV/GGG he hasn't needed much but power so far. When he steps up I think he will show us more to his game.

Comment

He has amateur wins over Kovalev so that should count for something. However in the pro's i still have to see him fight a non-bum.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Well to be fair the guy has'nt really had to do anything other than go in for the kill. He has been able to just pretty much walkthrough his opposition up to this point. Which considering he has had only 8 or 9 fights, his opposition has been pretty good. I guess we will see what he is made of once he gets in there with someone that can test him.
                Once he beats a top ten guy, then I'll take him a bit more seriously. 175 is a top heavy weight class. the lower top ten isnt all that but seeing him face better opposition would give me a better idea where he stands.

I was shocked he walked through Cloud like that until I saw previous fights and how Cloud took that beating from Stevenson. IMO Kov is the best puncher at the weight, Stevenson hits the hardest. taking shots from stevenson for more than 3 rounds is bad for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  You are right though, he has no head movement and doesn't use a jab. I think he has a decent left to the body. Outside of that I think he has a lot of work to do. Hopefully he isn't too in love with his power and thinks he doesn't have to develop as a fighter because he has that to rely on
                  I hope he keeps his ears covered from the hype and he works on the nuances. He definitely has potential to be a top 175er. Ive seen too many fighters fall in love with their power and degress even in their prime. Examples....Zab Judah, Mosley, Hamed and Tyson. Skills pay the bills.

Comment

His manly presence. He looks like a warrior from medieval times, like some kind of varangian or nomadic barbarian ready to chop your head off with an axe. also the fact that he somehow beat King Kovalev in the amateurs

Comment

Working...
                    X