Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
    He's 31 years old. I think he can continue making weight. He's 5'11 1/2. That's not tall for a light-heavyweight.
    Maybe, but he is boiling down. Height isnt so important, he's a very stocky and well built guy. Id be surprised if he stays at 175 for much longer

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      He's a savage with raw brute strength, that alone can carry you far in the game.
      not really

punchers and strong guys are usually the first to be exposed because they are many are one dimensional and depend on their power instead of let the ko come to them.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
        Stevenson is getting old, I feel like Al is gonna throw Beterbiev with him.. so he has a new champion.
        I wouldn't mind...two of the divisions biggest punchers.....at the moment I'd favor Stevenson

his straight left is a rocket, beterbiev is often off balance and lacks head movement. his defense is like a C+ if that....He'd get stretched being aggressive by round 5

a little more seasoning and I'd probably favor him, well Adonis is getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          I think Beterbiev is the most dangerous puncher in the division.

-Ambidextrous with equal power in both hands
          -Short compact Ko punches
          -Vicious body puncher that loves to rip combos (saw him drop Usyk with body shots in the Olympics)
          -Explosive right hand

It's so effortless for him to land punches and almost impossible to neutralize his offense, it's a combination of all those things that make him very dangerous.

He also had an iron chin in the amateurs, he would walk through everyone's punches with ease, not sure if this is the case in the pros.

Right now his defense sucks, I've seen him off balance quite a few times and know for a fact he'd get KTFO in those situations so he must correct that. He also doesn't utilize his jab nearly enough sometimes not at all, he'd get killed against Kov or Ward fighting like that.
          Beterbiev is dangerous..but most dangerous in the division is a stretch when you have two proven punchers like Kovalev and Stevenson, and ward would box his ears off

his defense and balance needs a lot of work

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            All you need is power and an exciting style, this is nsb baby!!
            you have a point...some of these guys panties always get in a bunch when someone is aggressive with some pop

i dont see anything that stands out about this guy

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              His manly presence. He looks like a warrior from medieval times, like some kind of varangian or nomadic barbarian ready to chop your head off with an axe. also the fact that he somehow beat King Kovalev in the amateurs
              amatuer wins mean nothing in the pros.

looks can be deceiving...a lot of guys can dish it but cant take it...lets see him do some taking first before we go overboard

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                sure. whatever you said. most of your threads are about delegitimizing a fighter that most people find very entertaining. wonder why?
                most times, you are commenting on my opinion....wonder why? do you have your own or do you get your panties in a bunch when someone doesnt agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  I dont see anything special

Just a guy knocking out who he is supposed to. I know he had an extensive amatuer background but I dont put much into that. TOO many olympic successes were not great pros and others with little amatuer success have become ATG

I see a guy with power, an exciting style, he seems physically strong but not much else

He doesnt establish a jab, he throws looping shots and overhands, and he lacks head movement.

He definitely lacks head movement...he fights too squared up...he'll be easy to knock off balance and suffer KD's because of it once he faces boxers with lateral movement who can also punch on a regular basis...

Comment

I dont see it either. He is flavor of the month kinda guy.

Lack of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                      He definitely lacks head movement...he fights too squared up...he'll be easy to knock off balance and suffer KD's because of it once he faces boxers with lateral movement who can also punch on a regular basis...
                      Stephen Hawking has better head movement than Beterbiev.

He was dropped on his ass by the dreaded Jeff Page Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X