Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez Prime

estimate when will he prime

depends on the posters agenda

Comment

already is

starting younger just means he will finish earlier

Comment

He might be in his prime in a few years. He should fight GGG at 160.

I want to see him fight Lara again.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          This x10000000000000000000000000000

Comment

At this point, I would say he's in his prime and we know what we're getting based on the matchup. If he's up against a good boxer, he's going to struggle because he's somewhat slow on his feet, poor at cutting off the ring, and he doesn't throw much because the angles confuse him and he doesn't create openings well when he's forced to lead. If he's up against more of a brawler type, he looks excellent because they come at him and usually have worse technique than him, giving him openings for his nice counter-combinations. This has been the consistent pattern and as he hasn't changed that pattern over the years, it's hard to believe it's going to change at this point. Maybe a new trainer could bring about some improvement but since Canelo is still getting the wins one way or another, a change is unlikely to be made there.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              he was in his prime at 152 against floyd. what agenda do i have?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                he was in his prime at 152 against floyd. what agenda do i have?
                If he fought him now at any weight you still would discredit it so who really cares man..

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  estimate when will he prime
                  he is still improving in the ring on every fight, and he is still growing which means he will be even stronger in a couple of years, when he starts hitting the scale at 159-160 that will be the stronger version of canelo, plus more experienced and improved... at 25 time is on his side...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    already is

starting younger just means he will finish earlier
                    This... Wilfred Benitez, champion at 17... shot at 26. I think Canelo will be reaching his expiration date around the time he hits 28.

Comment

Working...
                    X