No announcement yet.

Alvarez vs Golovkin - REACH Differences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    Sorry man. Next time I'll just make a thread about Elevated Champion status theory for the WBA and not about two good fighters that we all want to see in the ring....

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Sorry man. Next time I'll just make a thread about Elevated Champion status theory for the WBA and not about two good fighters that we all want to see in the ring....
      here's a tip for you:

If you use the "lil'g" phrase 9 times in your initial post in a feeble attempt to discredit a fighter you obviously dislike, dont be surprised when people assume you are simply a clown who cant be taken seriously.

Comment

Before the whole Khan vs Alvarez bout, no one even mention about Lil'G's ''stiff jab'' in effect whenever the convo was about Lil'G vs Alvarez...

Now we're reading that Lil'G will control the fight with his stiff jab...

Do you guys honestly think that the judges will award Lil'G by ranged stiff jabs, and mainly those that are missed? Lil'G missed as well with that stiff jab against Stevens.. Those are power jabs, and that fatigues a boxer down, especially when missed OR when a heavy counter puncher reacts back with blows.

Do you guys honestly think Lil'G can walk Alvarez down? Alvarez has by far the best footwork vs all of Lil'G resumes, particularly, defensive getaways.

How will the judges award points on the counter attacks?

Alvarez by far has the fastest accurate counters, and Lil'G isn't Khan in defensive footwork.

Regarding reach, I see Lil'G missing a lot come fight night, and as I've said before, I think he's going to gas out, meaning the performance you didn't expect.
        GGG's counter jab is one of the best in the history of the sport. Counter jabs are not about the judges awarding you the fight for it. Hard counter jabs throw your opponent off and make them apprehensive about throwing their jab which lets your set up your offense.

It has nothing to do with impressing the judges.

Comment

Dude, how did you go from full red K bar to full green K? Who did you blow?

Nobody in their right mind would agree with you. You make 5 new threads a day, and they're all absolute dog doo-doo.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            here's a tip for you:

If you use the "lil'g" phrase 9 times in your initial post in a feeble attempt to discredit a fighter you obviously dislike, dont be surprised when people assume you are simply a clown who cant be taken seriously.
            You'Re right I forgot! The thread title should've said ''Lil'G''

Sorry dude. I'm stressed as hell right now because the Bronze Bomber gotta do his work against a Gold Medalist and extensive amateur background fighter... surely you must love that Heavyweight have a good pool as of late.

We're also waiting for the highly anticipated LHW bout for Ward vs Kovalev..

You see these are higher ranks of men and meat going at it. I can't help it if industry guys coin the name for him or ''154-168'' is easy. Blame it on Sanchez or Loeffler...then again Lil'G quoted that himself.. As Puerto Ricans say, ''that's not kohones'' right der...

As we've seen Chavez, Morales, Barrera, Marquez, and now I guess Ramirez or even better, Alvarez, don't get sad because there's a coined ''Lil'G'' in the midst. Don'T take it personal. It's boxing bruv!

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Dude, how did you go from full red K bar to full green K? Who did you blow?
              He has an army of alts.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                GGG's counter jab is one of the best in the history of the sport. Counter jabs are not about the judges awarding you the fight for it. Hard counter jabs throw your opponent off and make them apprehensive about throwing their jab which lets your set up your offense.

It has nothing to do with impressing the judges.
                Finally someone speaks with empirical analysis. I don'T recall triple gee using a counter jab. He actually engages the jab and other try to counter it simultaneously. It's actually Lil'G's hook that catches guy.

Lil'G is straight forward:

Left Jab.
                Leaping Left Hook or Left hook to the body, or jab jab and right hook over the top or low on the body. Add all that and walking guys forward that's all Golovkin does. Be it his power is what discourages fighters, but Alvarez is a late great Mexican boxer to show us the goods like his previous generation counterparts.

Golovkin has great Defense and Can take a punch. This is why the Alvarez vs Lil'G bout is going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                  He has an army of alts.
                  Actually I don't. You could email the tech guys here or a mod to find out my IP address or the possibility of alts. I assure you, I don't have time for ''alts.''

Comment

Actually I don't. You could email the tech guys here or a mod to find out my IP address or the possibility of alts. I assure you, I don't have time for ''alts.''
                    Please mother ****er, technology has become so damn plug and play that even a fricking monkey can figure out how to use proxies. All you have to do to use a proxy is click these days.

Comment

I don'T recall triple gee using a counter jab.
                      No its just the backbone of his entire ****ing style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pybq6h4VTNg

The thread is supposed to be about reach. Well you know who also had one of the best counter jabs in history? A young Tyson. The counter jab is the ultimate equalizer and a must have for a shorter aggressive counter puncher. It is what negates the jab of your opponent.
                      Last edited by GTTofAK; 05-11-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X